PDA

View Full Version : Buying New Rider - Help Needed !!

Sharp Services
08-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Hi ...

I am new to this group and have been a lawn care professional for the past two years, part time. I currently only have push mowers, both are 21' Snapper Hi-Vacs and have serviced me well.

I feel the need to add a riding mower to my business and I think I have decided on the Snapper Hydro 33" Hi-Vac with 18 hp Briggs.

Most of my yards are less than 1/2 acre with too many bushes. My dealer has given me a price of $2100, including the bag, and will do 12 months same as cash - no interest.

Has anyone used this mower and are the good?

Thanks in advance for your advice!!

Alec

Mr.Mow-It-All
08-23-2005, 04:10 PM
Hello and welcome,

Good luck for your quest for a new mower, unfortinatley I can't help you out with this one. I to am a Police officer. Night shift, mow in the day. Good luck and stick around here you will learn a lot!

bmurrell
08-23-2005, 08:03 PM
You are going to pay a little more for a dixie chopper but it is worth every penny ! bmurrell :blob3: :blob3:

valleylawn79
08-23-2005, 08:18 PM
yeah its good for a residence. been around in neiborhoods for a long time-snapper has. maybe a small ztr or a 36" walk behind may be good as well mr sharp. there is nothing wrong with the hydro model u are looking at. dixie and gravely and exmark have small ztrs in the 36-44 " deck range that would be a little faster and and a good bit more durable for your needs. all which have some good incentatives /promotional financing this time of year. try a ztr; you will wonder how you ever got by without it

Sharp Services
08-26-2005, 05:58 AM
I tried a small 33" zero turn mower that a friend has and it seemed to tear up the grass when turning. Which units have a good bagging system. I was tring to stay in 33" range. Most of my yards are older and have small gates to get into the back yard.

Thanks,

TURFLORD
08-26-2005, 06:11 AM
Maybe try a hydro wb first until you gain more experience. A rider for $2100 doesn't sound like a commercial grade mower. You don't want to spend money on a mower just to find out it doesn't fit on your jobs.

moremowing4me
08-26-2005, 06:16 AM
I tried a small 33" zero turn mower that a friend has and it seemed to tear up the grass when turning. Which units have a good bagging system. I was tring to stay in 33" range. Most of my yards are older and have small gates to get into the back yard.

Thanks,

Hello and welcome to the sight,

I own a gravely 34z that I got from catoes on beltline in cola. It works well for those old houses that you are talking about. Dont know what your budget is but it will cost a bit more than the snapper. The turf tearing is something that you will not do once your butt has spent some hours on it. right now you can get a gravely at 6 months same as cash and then only 1.9% after that!!!!! so far as I know it runs out after this month so if you want one you had better hurry. as far as bagging is concerned you can get an acclerator catcher for it and it will last a lifetime. I hope that this helps and if you have any more questions I will be glad to help if I can. Just PM me

Raymond :waving:

Sharp Services
08-26-2005, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the information on Catoes. I went out there and looked at the 34. It was nice, but the only bag they had was that big metal one that hangs off the side. Looks like it would be hard in some of my yards. And at 2.5 times more money, not sure I can fit in my budget just yet.

Anyway, talked with my wife some and decided to go ahead and get the Snapper. No it is not a commercial mower, but it is no Home Depot special either. I figure get two years out of it, grow my business then get one of those nice Zero Turns.

Hopefully have hard money to pay for it and not the banks money.

Thanks for all your help,

mcwlandscaping
08-26-2005, 12:15 PM
In my opinion, eXmark has the best bagging system. eXmark has good service too. I like em alot! Good Luck!

Sharp Services
08-31-2005, 10:04 PM
I used my new Snapper yesterday and it saved me 40 minutes on the first yard. I know it is not a commercial mower, but it is better than a Yardman from Walmart and it is a step in the right direction. It is also better than pushing them with my 21" Snapper Hi-Vac mowers.

With the time savings I should be able to add more customers, increase profits and buy me a new Zero Turn commercial mower ... so I can grow more.

Just taking it on step at a time.

Thanks to all for your help !!

:) :)

milo
08-31-2005, 10:14 PM
most of all of them are good. you want the best, buy the one that runs on water.. lol

befnme
08-31-2005, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the information on Catoes. I went out there and looked at the 34. It was nice, but the only bag they had was that big metal one that hangs off the side. Looks like it would be hard in some of my yards. And at 2.5 times more money, not sure I can fit in my budget just yet.

Anyway, talked with my wife some and decided to go ahead and get the Snapper. No it is not a commercial mower, but it is no Home Depot special either. I figure get two years out of it, grow my business then get one of those nice Zero Turns.

Hopefully have hard money to pay for it and not the banks money.

Thanks for all your help,

to be perfectly honest if you are going to get a homeowner grade "z" i would suggest the husqvarna "z" at lowes it runs around 2600.00 but in my opinion it is a better mower than the snapper.

NewYorkrookie
09-01-2005, 08:22 AM
Hello and welcome to the sight,

I own a gravely 34z that I got from catoes on beltline in cola. It works well for those old houses that you are talking about. Dont know what your budget is but it will cost a bit more than the snapper. The turf tearing is something that you will not do once your butt has spent some hours on it. right now you can get a gravely at 6 months same as cash and then only 1.9% after that!!!!! so far as I know it runs out after this month so if you want one you had better hurry. as far as bagging is concerned you can get an acclerator catcher for it and it will last a lifetime. I hope that this helps and if you have any more questions I will be glad to help if I can. Just PM me

Raymond :waving:

I just got the Grave PM34Z with that promo.....pretty good deal. I was making serious ruts in the beginning, but now am getting pretty good like you said.....it also helps to let the air out a lil too :dizzy: