PDA

View Full Version : Mower prices

logan
08-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Next month I will buy an Everride Warrior or a Scag Wildcat. My dealer said that they both cost the same $8500. The width is 61inches and the engine in 27hp I think. I just read a post that the wildcat costs $1500 less in Kentucky. What's up with that?

rochenyguy
08-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Everride Warrior is around $7K here. I wouldn't pay $8500 for it because it's yet to establish a track record and proven longevity, service, parts availability in the future, etc.

lawnmaniac883
08-23-2005, 08:21 PM
I would go with the scag on account it is a tried and true machine. Everride Warrior like rochnyguy said is a new company that may still be working out all of the flaws.

logan
08-24-2005, 10:38 PM
I demo'ed the everride last week and I could find nothing wrong with it. I did not like the black seat when left in the sun. I also am undecided about the long clippings it leaves on the cut grass. The St. Augustine grass clippings folded up and fell in between the cut grass blades and the bahia grass dried up and I found no trace of it. I really liked the suspension seat and the fact that I cut off about 5 inches of wet grass at full speed with zero clumping. When I mowed slowly, the deck handles every bit of grass and shoots it out like a grass fountain about 15-20 feet with no clumps. Next week I will demo the wildcat and compare. I am looking forward to the comparison. I also like the fact that the everride seems to be so serviceable and all the parts are easily accessible. Is there anything that I should be looking for besides what I mentioned?

HighGrass
08-25-2005, 01:31 AM
I took a look at an Everride when I was getting my Exmark fixed about a month ago. Needless to say, I'm getting a New 52" Scag Wildcat. I didn't really like the deck on the everride. You should be able to get a scag fro about 7900.

logan
08-29-2005, 07:27 PM
I picked up the Wildcat demo today and mowed5 properties with it. I am having trouble telling how well it cuts. Because the grass is not really growing much right now. I think that I will have to talk to the mechanics at the shop to find out which mower breaks less to help with my decision. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if their steering levers get really soft with age. The Everride had 587hours on it and the I had to pull back on the levers to get it to stop. The Wildcat had 18 hours on it and when I let go, the unit stopped by it self. My Super Surfer has 670hours on it and it stops when I let go too. My Stander is the same way when I let go, stops right away. If the Everride gets softer, will the Wildcat get softer too?

davechick12
08-29-2005, 08:48 PM
I picked up my scag wildcat last week and I love it 61in 27hp. This is my first ztr and i kno its better than my 36in lesco wb.

logan
09-04-2005, 02:35 PM
That wildcat was bad to the bone! But it still threw out a few clumps and it was slower than the everride. I am leaning toward the everride because it doesn't clump, it's faster and the seat has suspension in it. The mechanic said he would buy the everride if he were looking because it is so easy to maintain. Next week I think I'll demo the everride again and also the turf tiger to try out the new velocity deck design. Maybe it won't trow so many clumps as the advantage deck does. We will see.

ed2hess
09-04-2005, 04:00 PM
If you are going to use the unit a lot take a look at size of spindles, the pulleys and the frame and compare Scag to others. Ask about size of clutch and which has the most torque. Look at who can get the parts. Go with the Scag if you got the money you won't be disappointed.

Travis Followell
09-04-2005, 06:05 PM
I would go with the Everride because of the deck.