PDA

View Full Version : $19.99 Any yard Any time

Lawnkeeper
08-23-2005, 07:02 PM
Cable guy came to the house to hook up my new HD and saw my lawn equipment. He has a lawncare business that he works part time after his cable job. He said he recently mailed out "$19.99 Any yard Any time"
He mailed these out bulk to all of the surrounding towns. He said he has tons of calls and some of them from fellow lco's who where pissed at him.

MudslinginFX4
08-23-2005, 07:09 PM
I don't get pissed at people like him. I actually no longer worry about (or care about) what other people are doing or charging. I know my costs and know what I want to make. MOST of my customers are very loyal customers (know that they are paying more for a high quality dependabe service) and don't shop around. I think more of us need to stop worrying about what the guy cutting the yard next door is charging and need to focus more on building our business and selling ourselves, not our services. Most landscaping companies offer similar services, thats why I sell to my customers my differences and what makes me better. I harp on quality work, done right and on time.

Lawnkeeper
08-23-2005, 07:21 PM
If he hadn't of offered the information, I would have never asked. I agree that everyone should just concentrate on their own business, I just thought it was funny how most people starting out go for the cheaper route, instead of higher quality route.

MudslinginFX4
08-23-2005, 07:27 PM
If he hadn't of offered the information, I would have never asked. I agree that everyone should just concentrate on their own business, I just thought it was funny how most people starting out go for the cheaper route, instead of higher quality route.

I agree with you, I would have also asked just to be curious. Sorry if it sounded like I was talking towards you. I was basically just stating how I have been successful doing business like I do and not worrying about how other people run theirs. But I think we are all curious to a certain extent :blob3:

RedWingsDet
08-23-2005, 07:32 PM
haha. all year ive had flyers in my door from other lco's, and some are big co's, saying they'll cut it for 14$. One of them who has about 5 crews, said 13.50. I was so shocked. My yard is only like 2.5k but still. These guy's would kill to get 19.99. But I guess when it only takes like 8minutes to cut a long (no joke) $14 isnt bad if you have 10 in a row.

T Edwards
08-23-2005, 07:39 PM
A guy was doing a res. property across from one we were working on today and he told us he was doing it for $40. We charge $60 for the yard and when we finished you could really see a difference because he didn't edge, trim or blow. Some customers think we're worth an additional 50% and some don't. That's business.

That guy had better keep his cable job because at $19.99 he'll be in the poor-house soon.

bmurrell
08-23-2005, 09:16 PM
I like to think most of my customers would not go for the cheaper guy and stay with my quality work . When i quote a job i try to get my moneys worth but i dont like ripping people off . If someone else takes a yard from me because he or she is mowing it for 20 $ less and they are making money more power to them . bmurrell

tailoredlook
08-23-2005, 09:51 PM
Why not let the guy mow the lawns for you. Charge your customers what you normally charge them. Pay him his $19.99 as long as its his gas and equipment. You save time, wear and tear on your mowers and body, stay clean and laugh all the way to the bank.

grasswhacker
08-23-2005, 09:53 PM
Cable guy came to the house to hook up my new HD and saw my lawn equipment. He has a lawncare business that he works part time after his cable job. He said he recently mailed out "$19.99 Any yard Any time"
He mailed these out bulk to all of the surrounding towns. He said he has tons of calls and some of them from fellow lco's who where pissed at him.

Maybe his name was Larry and he was just joking with you. :p

timinkc
08-23-2005, 10:22 PM
i wish i would have gotten one... my yards about 2 acres...(takes me 2hrs to mow and trim, and i have a 52"ztr) i'd get him off the streets a while

Richard Martin
08-24-2005, 05:20 AM
I have a few that take that much in gas just to cut.