PDA

View Full Version : Why don't we all just mow for free, any lawn any time, forget lowering just $3.

CharlieBingo
08-23-2005, 06:17 PM
These threads are starting to scare me. In an industry already grossly under priced why is everyone talking about lowering prices. We are the only service industry charging less for a service (lawn cut) than we were a quarter of a century ago aka (25 years ago). Just think if we all work for free we can brag we have a 1000 accounts!

DLS1
08-23-2005, 08:14 PM
I saw Booby started a thread about lowering prices $3. I don't read his trolling baiting threads so don't know what was said but don't worry about Booby. He gets his kicks trolling and he will keep trolling as long as people keep responding.

bobbygedd
08-23-2005, 08:36 PM
this goes to show how dense the people on this board are. for years i have been HIGHER than my competitors. i got alot of work, but could have got more if i was more competitive price wise. i have ways of being about a million times more EFFICIENT than my competitors, which now gives me the idea that, if i lowered MY OWN standard pricing, i could make it up times 10 with grouping, and efficiency, and add on services. PAY ATTENTION, i said lower MY PRICES by a couple bucks, this STILL makes me higher than most other companies. geeze, i don't think in peanuts and pennies like most of you, i look at the big picture. 100 grand to me is chump money, i look at sacrificing $3 to make a million

Howard Roark
08-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Now Bobby you know it takes peanuts and pennies to make up that Million as well.

So if a measly 3 bucks would land you that many jobs in your area, go for it. Like it or not folks, the low priced volume approach is in and here to stay. Thank WallyMart for that. You can take advantage (or "adapt" as said in the biz world) or you can cry about it and blame it for ruining your cash flow to pay for your big dually truck and trailer.

Howie's Lawn Care
08-23-2005, 10:27 PM
wackers are for wacking, edgers are for edging. only amatuers edge with wackers
Well said!

lawnworker
08-23-2005, 10:37 PM
there is always the pooper scooper job. :cool:

Brianslawn
08-23-2005, 10:52 PM
Well said!

please dont incourage his negative behavior. it will only get you a pooper scooper job