PDA

View Full Version : pricing question, I know I know...

nobagger
08-23-2005, 09:23 PM
I have an opportunity to bid on several reality owned houses, I think around 75 most of them are on the same block. 90% of them are between 5k-7k sq.ft. This would be mowing and trimming and edging. Any help would be appreciated.

HighGrass
08-23-2005, 11:55 PM
I have an opportunity to bid on several reality owned houses, I think around 75 most of them are on the same block. 90% of them are between 5k-7k sq.ft. This would be mowing and trimming and edging. Any help would be appreciated.

I guess it depends what you are using. If you can get in and out in 30 minutes....25-30 bucks.

Olylawnboy
08-24-2005, 12:37 AM
Nothing personal, but, really, what is your question?

olderthandirt
08-24-2005, 01:12 AM
Reality owned or HUD homes, both are a pita and I would pass on them unless your willing to work real cheap. For what they pay its hard to recoup the cost of the damage that your equipment will recieve

nobagger
08-24-2005, 06:24 AM
Reality owned or HUD homes, both are a pita and I would pass on them unless your willing to work real cheap. For what they pay its hard to recoup the cost of the damage that your equipment will recieve
Yeah Iv'e seen some other posts in here that say exactly what you do. They are reality owned not hud. This reality company owns probably half of the city so I'm thinking it might be a good way to get my foot in thee door with some other props. as well.

nobagger
08-24-2005, 06:33 AM
I guess it depends what you are using. If you can get in and out in 30 minutes....25-30 bucks.
I'm guessing from some other lawns we do they will take me about 15-20 minutes with 2 guys, and barring fuel prices don't exceed $3.00 next year I can do them for around $22.00-$25.00 each. Thats $1650.00/w x 29 weeks = $47850.00 that will be BY FAR the biggest $$$ I have made yet so hopefully all goes well. I just don't want to leave any money on the table this time. We did a landscaping job for a video store and left about I'm guessing 3k-5k on the table, I still made out but when I heard there were only 2 replies and the other was at least twice as much it kinda made me sick to my stomach.

jtrice11
08-24-2005, 05:10 PM

30 bones sounds right.

RedWingsDet
08-24-2005, 05:35 PM
depends on the area too. My area might only get $20 for a prop like that, maybe even less. While someone else may get $50.

If theres 75 on one block, thats easy money, I like that, only have to drop the gate once, and stay there for the whole day, have 2 people on z's and 2 trimming and edging.

skurkp
08-24-2005, 06:03 PM
you should be able to price these cheaper than you do if you have only one or two on the block. Here I see prices for that size lawn for $15.00 for block prices, I know that is low but there is no extra traveling for the extra work. I would figure my man hours and multiply that by my man hour rate and divide by the number of houses and start from there. Maybe I'm wrong. :cool:

6'7 330
08-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Two kinds of accounts we will not deal with, one is realtors, they squeeze a Nichol so hard, the old Indian on the buffalo nickel would scream with pain. Realtors are not actually lightning fast, when it comes time to write the check.

HUD I would not run from, I would gallop away from.

tinman
08-24-2005, 08:01 PM
Two kinds of accounts we will not deal with, one is realtors, they squeeze a Nichol so hard, the old Indian on the buffalo nickel would scream with pain. Realtors are not actually lightning fast, when it comes time to write the check.

HUD I would not run from, I would gallop away from.

DITTO.......................

daveyo
08-24-2005, 09:18 PM
If you end up sending a proposal spell reality----->re∑al∑ty, it really will look more professional. Good luck and happy bidding. I do have some accounts with a real estate agency and it works out fine, no hud homes or run down neighborhoods though, I like my mowers and their parts.

O'Donnell Landscaping