PDA

View Full Version : Drinking On The Job

South Florida Lawns
08-23-2005, 11:55 PM
Do any of you guys drink on the job? I have been seeing more and more LCO's drinking beer around here during the last few lawns of the day. I have mixed feelings about this, for one I know that all this heat kills ya by the end of the day and I'm sure most of us are hurting bad, a few cold ones sure help ease the pain. However I think that it gives the wrong message, kinda unprofessional IMO. What are your thoughts?

HighGrass
08-23-2005, 11:59 PM
There is nothing finer than a small glass of chilled Jose Quervo and a Corona......................AFTER WORK! IMHO Drinking on the job opens several cans of worms. Like what if there is an accident? Or what about the heat? Beer only aggrevates dehydration. Drinking has it's time and that time is AFTER WORK!

QualityLawnCare4u
08-24-2005, 12:15 AM
No way would I ever drink on the job. Not only illegal in my area but would look very unprofessional. There is not a single client I have that would put up with that for a second. If any person came to my house drinking whether he was a plumber, lco, electrician or whatever I would turn him around right fast like and show him the road. Then when he left I would call the law and report him for driving and drinking. I feel VERY strongly about anyone drinking and driving (long story). However, I have no problem when you get home you can get just as s--t faced as you like as long as you are on your on property. That is your right and I feel just as strongly about a persons rights on his property.

Ric
08-24-2005, 12:21 AM
There is nothing finer than a small glass of chilled Jose Quervo and a Corona......................AFTER WORK! IMHO Drinking on the job opens several cans of worms. Like what if there is an accident? Or what about the heat? Beer only aggrevates dehydration. Drinking has it's time and that time is AFTER WORK!

Ditto

I am not a drinker but I have had customer come out and offer a(as in one) Beer to my help on really hot days. I let it slide as a jester of good will. But Let it be known this is a one time or not a regular practice to both the customer and Employees. I have never had a problem with drinking on the job because it doesn't happen.

olderthandirt
08-24-2005, 12:33 AM
you gotta be kidding? The liabilty issue it would raise is enough to say no, Let alone the fact that beer is a diaretic and will cause more fluid loss.

65hoss
08-24-2005, 12:36 AM
you gotta be kidding? The liabilty issue it would raise is enough to say no, Let alone the fact that beer is a diaretic and will cause more fluid loss.
But look at it the other way...it will eliminate some competition. :waving:

Olylawnboy
08-24-2005, 12:55 AM
Who ya kiddin? You may have seen someone mowing lawns drinking beer at the end of a day on thier machines but you won't see a real LCO doing that...

mcwlandscaping
08-24-2005, 01:01 AM
I deffinatly don't drink period, let alone on a clients property!

bigjeeping
08-24-2005, 01:10 AM
I installed a second cup holder on my Z so I can keep 2 cold ones for those big yards... Nothin like booze cruisin down the fairway :D

South Florida Lawns
08-24-2005, 01:12 AM
People do some dumb things around here, you would be amazed at what you see. Just the other day I saw what appeared to be a dad driving a Volvo station wagon with 2 kids in car seats, and he was drinking a Heineken. A bit strange to me.

olderthandirt
08-24-2005, 01:15 AM
People do some dumb things around here, you would be amazed at what you see. Just the other day I say what appeared to be a dad driving a Volvo station wagon with 2 kids in car seats, and he was drinking a Heineken. A bit strange to me.
Sounds like child endangerment, open container and a possable DUI

topsites
08-24-2005, 01:22 AM

Dude you hit this one right on the nail about cans of worms!

First of all, the customer sees this going on and that's just bad news. One thing I learned over the years is even if you can't see anyone around, someone is ALWAYS watching! Sooner or later someone will peek out a window for no reason and see you... Doesn't really matter why, it just happens, and I don't want to get caught DEAD drinking outside... People talk, brother. You crack a beer in the open and sooner or later THAT will be the subject of someone's dinnertime conversation and that's bad joojoo.

Then in many states nowadays .08 is legally a DUI *AND* you can get a DUI on a riding mower as well but that's only if you've had a FEW. What if you get pulled over for some odd reason even after only ONE beer, the smell of brew hits the officer's nose and you'll be answering stupid questions and let me warn you the sobriety test is NOT easy even if you're way below the limit they can still nail you for DUI *JUST* for failing several crucial parts of the roadside test even IF you blow, say a .04 -- Try sometime, reciting the alphabet from D to V backwards. (Yes, you know, vutsrqponmlkjihgfed, try that after you have NOT been drinking and you'll see what I mean).

I quit drinking 5 years ago and the one thing I noticed is my mind is a LOT clearer when I drink absolutely NOTHING, not even one drink. Today I don't do alcohol at all but unfortunately MANY an alcoholic choses this career because it is generally unsupervised and one CAN get pretty trashed MOST of the time and get away with it, but brother the one time you get caught and it's all over.

For those of you who can have ONE beer and ONE beer only maybe AFTER the work is done, I suppose that's ok so long you don't drink the better part of that 12-pack on your way home... Still, why not wait until after you get home, that makes the most sense.

The other reason I don't drink at all is it clouds my judgement. ONE beer and I literally can't see things clearly for the next 24-48 hours, it's not the physical impairment, it has to do with a clear mind+body+soul and alcohol is a pollutant which impairs the clear flow of thoughts, ideas, and visions LONG after the physical effects have worn off. Cigarettes are the same way, one cigarette and you're blind for 8 hours.

Another way to say it is it makes you kinda dumb.

topsites
08-24-2005, 01:31 AM
Ditto

I am not a drinker but I have had customer come out and offer a(as in one) Beer to my help on really hot days. I let it slide as a jester of good will. But Let it be known this is a one time or not a regular practice to both the customer and Employees. I have never had a problem with drinking on the job because it doesn't happen.

Yes ok I too have consumed ONE beer in the last 4 years as it was offered by a customer thou most of the time I turn it down just as nicely, too... As far as I'm concerned, a customer that offers me alcohol maybe doesn't think too much of me but there IS the rare exception.

Couple more things might peek someone's interest:
- I will NOT service the yard of someone who drinks frequently / heavily (we know what I'm talking about here). Absolutely no alkies on my customer list.
- I will NOT deal with anyone who asks me to come over and party with them or offers to get me drunk or high, etc, etc... I am out of there to never return.

But you see, I don't drink and word does get around... It truly is a RARE event indeed that someone offers me one.

JimLewis
08-24-2005, 02:34 AM
I'm not a big drinker to begin with. Until 2 years ago, I hadn't had a drink in almost 8 years. Buuuuuut.....then I went to the bahamas....and the heat and the cool little huts where some bikini babe is selling ice cold Pina Coladas....and I finally gave in. And since then I do enjoy a tropical drink now and then. In fact, I've pretty much perfected making tropical drinks over the last few years. But again, I still don't even do that very often. Maybe once every week or two.

But I digress - back to your question. Usually, I'd say it's pretty stupid to drink while you're working. Especially stupid to be doing it openly. But that said, there were 2 days this summer where I was so friggin' stressed out that I came home at lunch and made a blender full of Pina Colada. I may have taken one on the road with me. But I was never anywhere even closed to being drunk or even buzzed. If I ever felt inhibited even one bit I'd never get behind the wheel of a car. That's the ultimate in stupidity.

In general, I'd say it's pretty dumb to drink while working. But there have been days where I was so stressed that I just needed something to make me a little more calm.

LandscapeSolutions
08-24-2005, 02:53 AM
Drinking alcohol on a clients property is severely unprofessional! Wait till you get home to open a cold one.

Brianslawn
08-24-2005, 03:00 AM
I deffinatly don't drink period, let alone on a clients property!

youre like 14. you cant even buy it and i doubt your parents would for you either.

1. looks bad... i dont allow smoking cigs or pot on yards either. yes im an @$$ for not allowing pot smoking.

2.alcohol dehydrates you as a couple said. if i had one drink in this heat id have to drink 3 gallons of water to compensate.

3. i have had several customers offer me and employees alcohol. rule is take it home, drink it there and they may accept. caught one guy this year with few cans of beer in my truck. 1 empty, 1 in progress, 2 unopen. dumped the half full one in front of him, took the other 2 with me and let him go. set an example for other 2 employees present. no more alcohol problems since.

sheshovel
08-24-2005, 03:35 AM
I have had clients offer me a beer or glass of wine on occasion.I will sometimes accept,sometimes not.But I never accept enless I completely done for the day or done with the job and then I never accept a second offer of a drink.Also,if they offer like "Hey come on up here and sit with us and have a glass of wine before you leave"then ok thats customer relations.
But if they offer me a beer or whatever without giving me the impression they are going to have one with me then I say no.
I never allow alcohol on my jobsite brought by me or anyone working for me.
I never have a drink unless I am done.
But once in awhile it's nice to sit down with your clients and have a cold one and talk about something other than their landscape.
I am a grown adult and I am able to determine if accepting will in any way make me appear to them unprofessional or not.

Howard Roark
08-24-2005, 07:37 AM
None of my customers ever offer me a beer because it's too damn hot for them to come outside. :cool:

Water and gatorade only until the truck hits the driveway.

Precision
08-24-2005, 08:13 AM
Do any of you guys drink on the job? I have been seeing more and more LCO's drinking beer around here during the last few lawns of the day. I have mixed feelings about this, for one I know that all this heat kills ya by the end of the day and I'm sure most of us are hurting bad, a few cold ones sure help ease the pain. However I think that it gives the wrong message, kinda unprofessional IMO. What are your thoughts?
It had better be a really good drink on my job site. I hope they really enjoy it, because it will be there last. Drink on my clock and you are off the clock permanently.

No second chance, no I'm sorry, no I won't do it again. Basically get the hell out of my truck and hope you like the walk home.

MBDiagMan
08-24-2005, 08:56 AM
I MUST comment. For the vast majority of you who responded to this question I am VERY impressed with your professionalism, good sense and proper business ethics.

Have a great day,
Doc

daveintoledo
08-24-2005, 09:05 AM
would they put up with that on any other job you worked....

LOOSER this is the stuff that gives good hard working lco's a bad name....

wbw
08-24-2005, 09:47 AM
would they put up with that on any other job you worked....

LOOSER this is the stuff that gives good hard working lco's a bad name....

Many businesses allow their employees to drink. Probably not a good idea, but it happens everyday. Years ago I used to work for a guy in S.E. Florida, very hot in the summer. If we had to work Saturdays he would take the 5-gal water cooler and mix up Tequila Sunrises. We would proceed to work until we were no longer making much progress. Made working Saturdays much more enjoyable. Today I am a lot older and a little wiser, I'd pass.

gunner27
08-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Do you mean drink a six pack then hop on a zero turn and start mowing? No not ever. After a big install I did have a few beers with a client. He showed me his classic cars and and kinda just wanted to shoot the s&*t. To me, it was kinda like a buisness dinner, I only had 2 beers, and landed another $5000 dollar install. I probably would have got the job anyway, but I never had any questions about the bill.

Ric
08-24-2005, 10:05 AM
Do you mean drink a six pack then hop on a zero turn and start mowing? No not ever. After a big install I did have a few beers with a client. He showed me his classic cars and and kinda just wanted to shoot the s&*t. To me, it was kinda like a buisness dinner, I only had 2 beers, and landed another $5000 dollar install. I probably would have got the job anyway, but I never had any questions about the bill.

Gunner

The finalizing of a landscape job and weeky service are two different things. I am a cheap date and get drunk on two beers.:D But that is one time I don't turn down a cold beer. If the customer is happy with the job and wants to buy you a Beer, Good on you. Take that beer and collect the money. A lot of big business is done over a cocktail at the Country Club.

daveintoledo
08-24-2005, 10:25 AM
but the job is done, and rember you have to drive home safely .... :drinkup:

mcwlandscaping
08-24-2005, 10:34 AM
youre like 14. you cant even buy it and i doubt your parents would for you either.

1. looks bad... i dont allow smoking cigs or pot on yards either. yes im an @$$ for not allowing pot smoking.

2.alcohol dehydrates you as a couple said. if i had one drink in this heat id have to drink 3 gallons of water to compensate.

3. i have had several customers offer me and employees alcohol. rule is take it home, drink it there and they may accept. caught one guy this year with few cans of beer in my truck. 1 empty, 1 in progress, 2 unopen. dumped the half full one in front of him, took the other 2 with me and let him go. set an example for other 2 employees present. no more alcohol problems since.
Hey brian, how are you an a** for not hiring pot smokers? I don't blame you. They come to work all high, that could be endangering themselves when working with the machinery and if a client sees, they may want someone else working there other than a pot head. I wouldn't hire them either. And of course my parents wouldn't buy me beer. It smells awful anyway!

A+ Lawncare
08-24-2005, 05:12 PM
i don't think its smart thinking 2 accept a beer or alcoholic beverage wherever your @ & whoever's with you if you have your keys in possesion while drinking....

now back to proffesionalism, who cares whether you look professionalism or not... if your drinking then you just look stupid & thats all that shall be said.... and i personally value smart thinking over professionalism.

i may only be 17, but i've took the hard route & learned my lesson. and this is 1 subject that won't enter my mind to accept an alcoholic beverage with the intent to drive anything, b/c i've lost everything just about except my life & i think god i'm still alive....

RedWingsDet
08-24-2005, 05:19 PM
I've seen a few guys drinking 40's and goose in the truck, mainly its the forman. Hey I could careless, its their life, not mine.

LawnMowerBoy48
08-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Probably about a month and a half ago a kid I used to work with showed up to work two hours late and still drunk from the night before. He ran up into the office to get his jobs for the day from his supervisor but never got close enough to him where he would be able to smell the booze on him. He goes back down to the lower parking lot to go to his truck and passes my supervisor who noticed he was drunk. Get's into his truck to go to the employee lot and hits my supervisors car. That was the end of him. In years passed from what I've been told workers would kick a case of beer in the afternoon mainly due to being unsupervised. Another guy just joined us a couple of weeks ago who has worked for the company in the past and he will just diappear from the job and come back with beer and be drinking. It really pisses me off because I see it as pure stupidity and lack of respect. He could potentially hurt someone else and it is just disrespectful to us and the company. When we have a company BBQ, which is soon hopefully going to be once a month, employees are allowed to drink a few but this is off the clock and a social event.

gorknoids
08-24-2005, 11:33 PM
Now, to qualify that statement..........
I have two customers in very nice neighborhoods who will be drinking on the weekends by noon. I am routinely asked to take a break and have a beer, shoot the breeze and catch up on things. I do it willingly, (being a beer man) but it ends after 1, and I go back to work. Hell, sometimes it's lunch at the beach, but it has to fit the schedule.
I have worked with drunks, crackheads, potheads and the like (Hey, we all started somewhere, right?) and addled people using power equipment is a recipe for disaster.

Fantasy Lawns
08-25-2005, 12:21 AM
Been cutting grass ....THATS CUTTING GRASS .... fore a Full Time Income since 1979

NEVER seen a true full timer drink Alcohol on the job site ... SEEN em do it on the Week Ends thou ;->

topsites
08-25-2005, 12:38 AM
I have had clients offer me a beer or glass of wine on occasion.I will sometimes accept,sometimes not.But I never accept enless I completely done for the day or done with the job and then I never accept a second offer of a drink.Also,if they offer like "Hey come on up here and sit with us and have a glass of wine before you leave"then ok thats customer relations.
But if they offer me a beer or whatever without giving me the impression they are going to have one with me then I say no.
I never allow alcohol on my jobsite brought by me or anyone working for me.
I never have a drink unless I am done.
But once in awhile it's nice to sit down with your clients and have a cold one and talk about something other than their landscape.
I am a grown adult and I am able to determine if accepting will in any way make me appear to them unprofessional or not.

I find this is acceptable, that's basically how I do it, and it IS rare.

HighGrass
08-25-2005, 12:45 AM
I've seen a few guys drinking 40's and goose in the truck, mainly its the forman. Hey I could careless, its their life, not mine.

I bet the attitude would change in a heartbeat if they went down the road and then went head on into someone you know....and killed them. think it doesn't happen? Trust me when i tell ya, it does.

Evergreenpros
08-25-2005, 02:32 AM

Drinking on the job = Mega problems, sheesh I wouldn't even want to deal with that nightmare in the making.

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger
08-25-2005, 09:29 AM
Hey brian, how are you an a** for not hiring pot smokers? I don't blame you. They come to work all high, that could be endangering themselves when working with the machinery and if a client sees, they may want someone else working there other than a pot head. I wouldn't hire them either. And of course my parents wouldn't buy me beer. It smells awful anyway!
He didn't say that he didn't hire pot smokers. He said he didn't ALLOW pot smoking.

Put that roach down and pay attention

befnme
08-25-2005, 10:01 AM
i dont even want to hear that crap that no one ever drinks and drives.some of you do think about the time you go to your favorite restaurant and have one or two with dinner!i know this dosent pertyain to work but to those guys that say"I NEVER DRINK AND DRIVE" i say your full of s--t.i carry a cooler full of bud light around with me and just as soon as i get home i sit under my gazeebo and pop a top.it saves from walkin to the house. :drinkup:

A+ Lawncare
08-25-2005, 02:16 PM
befnme...

yea i guess some of us has, i have & well thats a long story of pure hell....

it doesn't matter what shitty excuse u use its dumb as f*ck now that i've learned my lesson.... my friends still do as today, after i told them how i almost died, but they could care less.. i guess some ppl. just have to have to face life in a death situation in order to learn a lesson... its just a matter of time till i get a phone call & hear that 1 of my friends have died in a car accident.... what a shame it is to have dip shits runnin around drinkin & driving even its just 2 beers!

TWUllc
08-25-2005, 04:46 PM
No beer unless offered.

GreenUtah
08-25-2005, 05:02 PM
Automatic termination for any employee or sub drinking ANYWHERE during business hours. If you showed up with leftovers of last night still going, sent home or put on weed pulling duty until it came out of your system one way or another. No one operated equipment under the influence on my insurance policies and that was a signed condition of employment. You cause a problem or have something happen to you, it will be your burden for years to come to carry, based on your own stupidity. Tie it on on your own time when you're not working early tomorrow. If you can't wait for that, check yourself into a rehab center.

Maitland Man
08-25-2005, 05:34 PM
GreenUtah said it clearly for me........... No drugs or drinking while on the clock, or where it effects your abilities while on my clock!!!

Dennis

Dashunde
08-25-2005, 07:05 PM
I'll have a few Bud's sometimes...

I do a lot of hardscape work for a Remax agent who buys large, high end homes that have trouble selling for a variety of reasons. Most commonly around here is the lack of a decent yard (steep hills) and in need of a new kitchen and the other usual stuff.
Sometimes I'll have a few after 2 or 3pm while laying a paver patio or something.
Conversely, you wouldnt find me running a wb or trimmer while sh!tfaced...

A+ Lawncare
08-25-2005, 07:36 PM
Dashunde....
sometimes you'll have a few (few= 3 or more i'm sure) @ 2 or 3.. most of us leave our jobsites @ around 4 or 5... so you still have a nice buzz going on when you get into your vehicle... but you won't operate your w/b or trimmer while sh*tfaced...

why put yourself along w/hundreds of ppl. you come into contact with while driving from the jobsite in danger, but you won't put yourself behind a trimmer cutting a blade of grass?

Precision
08-25-2005, 08:31 PM
some people get it some people don't.

drinking on the job is wrong on so many levels I don't even want to start.

Do my clients offer me beer? Sure and I can count the number of times I have accepted. ONE. I knew I was gonna be there for well over an hour discussing the bid for a commercial property of his and he sprang for beer and pizza. I had one beer and well over half of the pizza.

Landed the account and after half of a pizza and almost 2 hours I was fine to drive.

My employees are drug tested, if they smell like alcohol when they come in they go home for that day and another. If it happens again, they can just stay home.

hustlers
08-25-2005, 09:15 PM
i live in a tourist town and quite often i have had customers tell me to come over in the evening and lets make the contract over a cold one.... I dont even drink, thank God!! When I recently bought my farm the old man had to sign the deal with couple of ol milwaukee

Heck out here, people drink and work, drink and drive, drink to drive better (they say), when the doctor says to drinks lot liquids when they get sick, they buy a 24 pack, drink to a newly signed contract!!!

Heck this spring- the neighbor had a grass fire and he threw us some beers and said put these you might need to put out the fire,,, and watta ya know his wife, after we spent 2 hrs putting out a fire with snow shovels when to the last remaining fire and squatted, using the recycled beer water for the finishing touch...

Yep---thats what they do west out--they tip there beer and as a good gesture while driving by the neighbors on the way home from work-------
I dont participate-------but its the funniest stuff i ever did see!!!!

all ferris
08-25-2005, 09:17 PM
It would be a sin if I didn't pack a few cold ones in the cooler. Makes them bumpy yards just a bit smoother. :drinkup:
j/k

Really though, since the king of beers is located in my neck of the woods, I do cut for some of the employees that I might have 1 or 2 with.

Steppenwolf
08-25-2005, 09:45 PM
As much as I like sitting back and sipping on a Busch Lite or two after work,before or during work is just a plain no no. I have been offered a beer by customers a time or two but declined.

LawnBrother
08-25-2005, 09:45 PM
I can't believe this thread has gone on for 5 pages. If you drink on the job you are STUPID ;)
I understand that for most people drinking a couple of beers while working is not usually going to result in a major catastrophe. That's not the point. The point is that it is dangerous and unprofessional. If you can't wait until after work then you have a real problem. I like to drink just as much as the next guy, but come on.......

kissmygrass
08-25-2005, 11:13 PM
You shouldn't judge people just because a guy drinks a frigin beer in 95 degree weather! Now yes, you can abuse alcohol, and limits should be set. I don't let customers see me drink. (I'm not an idiot) But this is a free country, I'm workin my tail off out there and I'm not gonna let you or any other hatin people tell me i can't fire up a fatty and cut grass. I mean, Its just grass cuttin not rocket science.

Dashunde
08-26-2005, 06:13 PM
Dashunde....
sometimes you'll have a few (few= 3 or more i'm sure) @ 2 or 3.. most of us leave our jobsites @ around 4 or 5... so you still have a nice buzz going on when you get into your vehicle... but you won't operate your w/b or trimmer while sh*tfaced...

why put yourself along w/hundreds of ppl. you come into contact with while driving from the jobsite in danger, but you won't put yourself behind a trimmer cutting a blade of grass?

Dont be foolish... a few is a few... spread over several hours and well in range of the legal limit.

Frontier-Lawn
08-26-2005, 10:00 PM
i mow one clients house before the nascar race each week and than after mowing, we both watch the race and drink a 12 pack. BUT THATS AFTER Not before! why do people do this i dont know. :angry:

Brianslawn
08-26-2005, 10:05 PM
after driving around town today, i thought i was the only one not drinking.

topsites
08-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Dashunde....

The REAL problem I see coming is sooner or later someone is going to see what is going on, and as people see him doing it, it is only a matter of time before dinnertime conversations happen at a table where someone is a police officer and wouldn't you know it, THAT's how you get pulled over when you supposedly 'forgot to turn on your turn signal sir'... probable cause my arse, I NEVER got pulled over after I stopped drinking for some dumb reason like that. Nevermind that I've been pulled over for 'forgetting my turn signal' when I knew real well that I did NOT forget it, so now you know how ppls REALLY get a DUI.
Yes there are exceptions, you CAN get it first time for some probable cause thing but MOST of the time it's talk-talk at dinnertime or wherever.

topsites
08-26-2005, 10:17 PM
I can't believe this thread has gone on for 5 pages. If you drink on the job you are STUPID ;)
I understand that for most people drinking a couple of beers while working is not usually going to result in a major catastrophe. That's not the point. The point is that it is dangerous and unprofessional. If you can't wait until after work then you have a real problem. I like to drink just as much as the next guy, but come on.......

I agree, the conversation is NOT about whether ONE beer caused someone to f*k something up, the point is the same as when someone SOBER runs a red light while a drunk driver cruises through the intersection on a green light and the two vehicles collide - HAD the green-light driver NOT been drinking, perhaps the accident COULD've been prevented - Maybe, maybe not - Point is, NO alcohol leaves THAT question OUT of the equation.

Last but not least, in the above scenario the police WILL find the green-light driver at fault, and if the police sees it that way then maybe there is a reason for it, and I agree 100% that is the way it SHOULD be.

oh, and p.s.: You are again correct, it's almost ALWAYS not just ONE beer, at least not from this perspective.

A+ Lawncare
08-26-2005, 10:21 PM
DUI'S & DWI & other charges aren't cool & if your willing to have even 1 beer and get behind the wheel then thats such plain stupid thats all it takes to blow a lil smoke cloud on the breathylzer then the next thing u know your busted losing everything you worked on in such a matter of seconds...

you can lose your life or some1 else's & if nothing else you can lose your license for at least 6months for a charge like this...

topsites
08-26-2005, 10:24 PM
You shouldn't judge people just because a guy drinks a frigin beer in 95 degree weather! Now yes, you can abuse alcohol, and limits should be set. I don't let customers see me drink. (I'm not an idiot) But this is a free country, I'm workin my tail off out there and I'm not gonna let you or any other hatin people tell me i can't fire up a fatty and cut grass. I mean, Its just grass cuttin not rocket science.

And how exactly do you prevent someone from knowing you are drinking? Likely you drink more than one/day because appears it is clouding your judgement to such a degree you don't even realize that JUST when you think NOBODY is around, someone is watching from behind a window somewhere.
And even if you drink out of an unmarked container, the SMELL of alcohol can be detected, beer is some STRONG smelling stuff... Yes it IS funny sometimes I used to could drink a 6-pack and ppls could NOT smell it (or GEE maybe they just didn't say anything, but when I was drinking THAT never crossed my mind, dig?) and then there were times I hadn't drank in 24 hours and ppls where like 'have you been drinking?'
Man...

6'7 330
08-26-2005, 10:28 PM
zero Tolerance