PDA

View Full Version : leaves at weekly accounts

rosolar
08-24-2005, 08:30 AM
I am fine with bagging the leaves each week or every other week during october for my regular mowing accounts, but is it fair for me to charge extra to bag all the leaves to date and haul them away. What do you guys do during october w/ your weekly mowing accounts? How do you charge?

mcwlandscaping
08-24-2005, 10:10 AM
Its fair that you charge extra. You are providing an extra service that will most likely require more time and more labor. For the little leaves that are on my props now, i just mulch them. Good Luck!

Ramairfreak98ss
08-24-2005, 10:59 AM
I dont bag anything anymore, i used to and was a pita.. seriously

If you mulch its better, mulch all the leaves up into little shreds works best. bagging doesnt dice the leaves up and loads up the bag fast! so takes many stops.

LawnScapers of Dayton
08-24-2005, 11:32 AM
In october I change to bi-weekly visits, 2.5x the regular charge......leaves are mulched with double gators 2-3 times, remains are bagged if needed...when all the leaves are down, flowerbeds are blown out and a final mowing/mulching/trimming/edging is done............

Derek

bobbygedd
08-24-2005, 11:37 AM
charge for the lawncut thru the month of october, and one or two in november. charge a leaf cleanup fee, over and above any grasscutting fees.

mcwlandscaping
08-24-2005, 04:46 PM
In october I change to bi-weekly visits, 2.5x the regular charge......leaves are mulched with double gators 2-3 times, remains are bagged if needed...when all the leaves are down, flowerbeds are blown out and a final mowing/mulching/trimming/edging is done............

Derek
So instead of charging a regular fall cleanup hourly, you just combine it with biweekly mowing and just multiply it by 2.5 times the regular rate. As an example, if you regularly mowed a lawn at $40 regularly, then instead, you would come biweekly for a $100 charge that would also include taking care of the leaves. Is that what you mean. Please let me know, i am very interested in how it works. Thanks,
Michael

Bgaz
08-24-2005, 06:33 PM
We know the time each weekly job takes. After Sept. 1, any time over that is billed in .25 hour increments and billed as leaf cleanup. We mulch what we can with gators (which is 75%), what we can't we get to the street and vacuum them up with billy goat loader into a dump truck. All clients that have leaves removed from the property are charged an additional .5 man hour over the actual work done on the property. We also go to biweekly visit in October and November, no way we could do all of them in one week.

RedWingsDet
08-24-2005, 06:40 PM
depends on how many leaves there are. Last year there were about 10 houses that I did fall cleanups all throughout october and 2 weeks in november. But they were high end and knew the price. I felt like a jack-a$$ when sending out the bill, but thats how it is.

LawnScapers of Dayton
08-25-2005, 06:18 AM
So instead of charging a regular fall cleanup hourly, you just combine it with biweekly mowing and just multiply it by 2.5 times the regular rate. As an example, if you regularly mowed a lawn at $40 regularly, then instead, you would come biweekly for a $100 charge that would also include taking care of the leaves. Is that what you mean. Please let me know, i am very interested in how it works. Thanks,
Michael

Yes....you got it.........this has worked very well for me on my regular customers. I also know the normal time it takes to mow those lawns. Typically a leaf clean-up takes me 50-70% longer. Therefore I am still doing well as far as per hour earnings and I have to drive there half the number of times.

Derek