PDA

View Full Version : Self Proclaimed Expert

Shane7258
08-24-2005, 09:45 AM
I have this customer that is a real big thorne in the side!!! Continually finds something to gripe about and is a self proclaimed expert... Oh by the way he uses Chem Lawn which he paid 900 dollars for and the yard is no better than it was when it started. He has ST Augestenine, Bermuda and bahamia all spread through out his yard. I double mow darn near the whole yard without complaint or a raise in the rates. Here are some comments from the self proclaimed expert cut it close so it does'nt get fungus... But sir 3" is better for the lawn blah blah blah I was talking to so and so and they agree you have one blade on your lawn mower cutting lower than the others which it is brand spanking new and he is full of crap but well it browns my bermuda sir bermuda has its color near the top of the blade no it don't blah blah blah I took this guy because he is a recovering cancer surviver felt sorry gave him a deal and his son who was a lawn maint comp was told to walk now I know why I pray that he does'nt call next year and pride is keeping me from telling him a piece of my mind or just outright saying FU. I feel a little better now but he just erks my nerves......

Fubba
08-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Here are some comments from the self proclaimed expert cut it close so it does'nt get fungus... But sir 3" is better for the lawn blah blah blah I was talking to so and so and they agree you have one blade on your lawn mower cutting lower than the others which it is brand spanking new and he is full of crap but well it browns my bermuda sir bermuda has its color near the top of the blade no it don't blah blah blah I took this guy because he is a recovering cancer surviver felt sorry gave him a deal and his son who was a lawn maint comp was told to walk now I know why I pray that he does'nt call next year and pride is keeping me from telling him a piece of my mind or just outright saying FU.
Punctuation is your friend. But yeah, I do hate customers like that.

The Ripper
08-24-2005, 12:38 PM
Just drop the guy. It isn't worth it! Spend the time handing out flyers and get a real customer.

Shane7258
08-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks Ripper I agree I just don't understand a persons mentality that has a lawn that is like why did I plant so many different types of grass waste my money on Chem lawn and oh yeah he calls them back after an app and says it didn't spread evenly here and there and you know that crappy bahamia looked the same after they came back out and referted that area.. I don't know why but he hit a sore spot and the funny thing is I do not need the account because I have been referred to others and actually I can't take on more without sacrificing others. The thing is I said with my word I would do the lawn untill he got better but you are only as good as the last referral and this guy I would even warn another company if they asked me about them they would get an ear full

Remsen1
08-24-2005, 02:03 PM
The thing is I said with my word I would do the lawn untill he got better but you are only as good as the last referral and this guy I would even warn another company if they asked me about them they would get an ear full

... Well he feels good enough to complain, so he must be better now...

Tell him in a nice way something to the effect of, "one more invalid complaint and you'll have to look for somebody who can do it better. You're paying for a cut and a trim, so that's what you get. My quality is top notch and your getting it at an exceptional value. If you don't agree, then you'll have to find somebody else."

Never take on underpriced work cause you feel sorry for somebody. If they're so hard up, then they should ask a relative or friend to do for little-to-nothing, not hire a professional. Hiring a professional LCO is a luxury. A luxury that some people cannot afford.

befnme
08-24-2005, 03:28 PM
Tell him in a nice way something to the effect of, "one more invalid complaint and you'll have to look for somebody who can do it better. You're paying for a cut and a trim, so that's what you get. My quality is top notch and your getting it at an exceptional value. If you don't agree, then you'll have to find somebody else."

James Jacobs
Evergreen Lawn Service
1171 Renfrow Rd.
Clinton NC. 28328
910-564-2787
910-718-2219

Dear Mr. Fennicum,

It is with my deepest regret to inform you that your lawn services will be terminated. We have been unable to satisfy your wifes expectation since we began. I do not like to receive complaints and have only received two this season from all of my other customers combined. I do not feel that you should continue to pay for services that you or your wife are disatisfied with ,so before there are any hard feeling I feel it best to discontinue our buisness relationship at this time. Thank You for your time.

Yours truly,
James Jacobs
Evergreen Lawn Care

sheshovel
08-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Just don't let it get to you,if you gave your word then you made a commitment and you should stick to it.It was your fault for bidding the job low cuz you feel sorry for him.
Some people don't have much else to do but complain.
Just smile and say OK,you hired me to mow your lawn and this is my reccomended mowing height .
Don't blame me if your lawn continues to go downhill and becomes unhealthy.
I will mow it at your height but I'm not responsible for any damage mowing that low does.
Then ask him why he has so many complaints about your work.Ask him if he is satisfyed with your work.If not then that gives you a way out right there.
If so then ask why he complains so much and tell him it bothers you and makes you feel bad when he does that.

sheshovel
08-24-2005, 04:14 PM
befnme....Hope you didn't send that letter out exactly like that because you spelled business wrong.

South Florida Lawns
08-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Pass it to a buddy that has patience for these kind of people.

RedWingsDet
08-24-2005, 04:30 PM
I wouldnt even waste my time. Just tell him your sorry but cant continue service unless he stays inside, never talks, and the price gets trippled.

anotherthing. Dont feel sorry for people.

Its the worst thing you could do to your business.

yrdandgardenhandyman
08-24-2005, 04:40 PM
Thanks Ripper I agree I just don't understand a persons mentality that has a lawn that is like why did I plant so many different types of grass waste my money on Chem lawn and oh yeah he calls them back after an app and says it didn't spread evenly here and there and you know that crappy bahamia looked the same after they came back out and referted that area.. I don't know why but he hit a sore spot and the funny thing is I do not need the account because I have been referred to others and actually I can't take on more without sacrificing others. The thing is I said with my word I would do the lawn untill he got better but you are only as good as the last referral and this guy I would even warn another company if they asked me about them they would get an ear full

Calm down. I read this and it reminds me of someone who is hysterical. If this know-it-all customer upsets you so much, drop him.