PDA

View Full Version : Eastman Commercial 21 mower demo thoughts

QC Lawn Services
08-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Have had a chance to try an Eastman commercial 21 in self propelled mower as a demo from our dealer. Here are some thoughts. First, the machine is a tank. It is very solidly built from the handle on down. Controls are solid and have threaded metal tie-ins to hold the cables in place. It has 3 speeds of which the third gear is pretty quick. The transmission was very smooth. The adjusters on the wheels (all 4 independent) were a little lame, in that I would have expected them to be a little stoutly built, but they did work. The engine (6 hp Kawi) did a good job. In heavy grass it bogged a little, but if you slowed down then it was OK.

The cut was really nice!!! We wanted to try this mower because it was touted as having great vacuum. Some of the lawns that we mow have really thick bermuda the we leave clipping clumps on the lawns. The Eastman mower took care of that. It also handled some very tall grass with ease.

It is a heavy (130 lbs), but when I compared it to a Toro or a Honda commercial, it wasn't too bad. The demo that we used didn't come with a blade brake clutch, but they do have it as an option. We used it only as a mulcher and did not try it as a bagger so I won't comment on that. I am pretty sure that we will purchase one in the spring.

Paul

chimmygew
08-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Don't those mowers have a roller on the back?

S man
08-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Don't those mowers have a roller on the back?

They make a model with a roller and with wheels.