PDA

View Full Version : here's a beauty

bobbygedd
08-24-2005, 05:25 PM
customer had a walkway installed last year. i mow the lawn there. when the walkway was installed, it was about 1/2" higher than the surrounding turf. the walkway is now about an inch lower than the turf. customer claims, that because i didn't bag the grass, IT RAISED the level of the turf :cry: :dizzy: input please

South Florida Lawns
08-24-2005, 05:29 PM
So this dude blames you cause his side walk isnt perfectly flush? That crazy. Stuff shifts in time especially in the cold in the north.

Nosmo
08-24-2005, 05:57 PM
Can't please 'em all and that is for sure. Myself I would rather have
the concrete lower than the turf. I like the look of a freshly cut edge
which is above the concrete. But I don't know how in the world
you are gonna convince that guy you didn't cause the sidewalk to go
down . :-)

I had a 24 x 50 slab poured for my shop in 1991. Had the guy set the forms so at the lowest point it would be 8" above the ground.

Now due to buildup it is about 2 or 3 inches at the lowest point. Are you sure you haven't been mowing in my yard too ? hah

No

rodfather
08-24-2005, 05:57 PM
Tell them the weight of the grass clippings should have pushed the turf down so the height of the new walkway should have actually gone up LOL! Ya got a real wacko there bobby for sure...

jtrice11
08-24-2005, 05:59 PM
customer had a walkway installed last year. i mow the lawn there. when the walkway was installed, it was about 1/2" higher than the surrounding turf. the walkway is now about an inch lower than the turf. customer claims, that because i didn't bag the grass, IT RAISED the level of the turf :cry: :dizzy: input please

Sometimes I think the best thing to do is chuckle, shake your head, and walk away. Tell him its ridiculous to think the ground miraculously raised up 2 inches. For christ sake.

lqmustang
08-24-2005, 09:33 PM
I would tell the guy he needs to call the original installer and quick. Walkways are supposed to float on the dirt, and he must have a major buoyancy issue with the walkway. :rolleyes:

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger
08-24-2005, 09:42 PM
Obviously, you have an inch and a half of thatch. What do you plan to do about it?! :D

olderthandirt
08-24-2005, 09:59 PM
dump all the clippings on the walk till there the same height

ProLawns
08-24-2005, 10:22 PM
I've been mowing and not bagging for 14 years. If the clippings were building up the turf would be up to about the bottom of the windows.

yrdandgardenhandyman
08-24-2005, 10:26 PM

Mowing sure gives the ol' brain time to think and come up with new stories doesn't it Bobby? :cool2:

Shuter
08-24-2005, 10:28 PM
...you have to know when to walk away....

OMG
08-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Tell him for $300, you can dethatch it.......

Brianslawn
08-24-2005, 11:19 PM
ask them if they been getting altitude sickness since their house is rising so rapidly. then tell them the walk actually sunk from you driving your mower it. if they dont buy that then put that thing on the front of your new walker and charge them a grand.

i had i rich b*tch quit and try to get out of paying, cause month after they put up new privacy fence, bermuda grass started to thin out and die on north side of one section for a few inches. we must have trimmed it wrong she said.