PDA

View Full Version : Diesel $$??$$

lawn king
08-24-2005, 09:25 PM
$2.79 for diesel in Quincy, ma. today. This is getting real ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NAT
08-24-2005, 09:29 PM
how much is your reg gas

GreenUtah
08-25-2005, 11:53 AM
I was in northern CA two weeks ago and it was $3.20 for regular unleaded at quite a few stations. A glimpse at the future?

i_plant_art
08-25-2005, 12:49 PM
yeah its getting ugly aight............. diesel is 2.60 +/- here outside of memphis. regular gas is anywhere from 2.52-2.65 depending on the locallity of the station..... its seems as though the stations off the "beaten path" (out of the way) are on the lower end and the ones right on the main roads are the higher ones. oh well at least mowing season is coming to an end, at least looking that way since there hasnt been any rain in over 21 days........ gas wont continue to hurt too too bad......

turf hokie
08-26-2005, 05:57 PM
2.89 yesterday
87 octane is at 2.67

Lawn Cops
08-28-2005, 10:56 AM
$2.48 here. reg gas is around $2.50. Central Arkansas.

Ric
08-28-2005, 02:22 PM
:cry:

My Cab over spray truck cost around $ 0.45 a mile to drive taking all factors into account. Because it has PTO pumps the engine is never turned off. Fuel Prices have driven up driving costs 30% or more.

My once retirement has turned into a long vacation. It looks like I will be going back to work. I never sold all my equipment and still do some side jobs for extra pin money. With the cost of everything going up I am beginning to wonder if I should go back in business or work for someone else at my age. The question I keep asking myself is Why fight the stress? That was the reason I retired in the first place.

lawn king
08-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Ric, why don't you look to do a little consulting, you have the knowledge why not get paid to share it ? Scott.

Ric
08-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Ric, why don't you look to do a little consulting, you have the knowledge why not get paid to share it ? Scott.

Scott

Thank You for stroking my Ego. Actually I was scheduled to be part on a seminar this week-end but Hurricane Katrina hit Ft Liquiordale on Thursday and canceled it. I have put open offers on all the forums to do consultation for the price of travel and not take any fee. So far I have not had any takers. If I can't give it away I sure can't sell it. I am just arrogant enough to feel I could be a real help to most green industry business.

I am present working off and on, on a series books that started as one book about application. Whether I ever get around to finishing it is a good question. My grammar skills are such that I have already lined up a very good editor. I already have a few forums interested in selling it for me.