PDA

View Full Version : city contracts??

green thum
08-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Today i made contact with a person at the city of charlotte grounds maint. dept and city of rock hill grounds maint. dept.My question is do any of you guys have contracts with cities near you?

Bulletproof
08-24-2005, 10:40 PM
We do bush-hogging for our township. One of our friends (and competitor's) does the weed control for the city.

We charge big money and they're more than willing to pay it, same goes with our friends and the city.

fga
08-24-2005, 10:58 PM
i have a once a year contract with a NYC oganization. i cut a city employees grass, that's how i got it. its good for me cuz i know the budget and can price accordingly.
its interesting to landscape on a roof, let me tell ya. just wish they had elevators in the building.

dixiedemon
08-24-2005, 11:22 PM
i have the city park, it is a big giant trash can for everyone

green thum
08-24-2005, 11:44 PM
That is a HUGE pet peeve of mine,i HATE a litterbug!!!!

sildoc
08-25-2005, 12:01 AM
Bidded local towns several times. Usually like the school district it goes for pennies an acre. Now Department of transportation brush hogging and highway mowing is very lucrative. Missed this years bid by 10000.00 next year will be in there. 3 weeks worth of mowing for 45000.
City Parks comes up for bidding this November. We will go through the motions knowing our costs. Wether we get it or not, well just a part of the business. Just be prepared to give a very formal break down of proposed costs for each and every aspect to the maintenance.

thill
08-25-2005, 12:26 AM
We have several municipal contracts that range from landscape maintenance for city buildings to parks and landscaped R.O.Ws.

They are competively bid each year and open records require they show previous bid compilation.

We do a bit better than OK of profit on these jobs and concentrate on providing much better than average quality and dependability. Since they know we will do what we say PLUS..... we get a lot of installation or renovation one time jobs from them.

While we make acceptable money on contracted jobs, we make a killing on the one time jobs that will never go out for annual contract.

Hope this helps.

Tom