PDA

View Full Version : How much do you markup your trees

coastallandscapesolutions
08-24-2005, 11:05 PM
How much do you markup your trees and then what is your markdown process?

Imulchmore
08-25-2005, 02:21 PM
I have never once in five years marked down a christmas tree. I usually run out before i have to markdown. Last year I was buying trees from the guy down the street at the end of the season and I almost bought out his entire stock. I am not cheap by any means my least expensive trees start at $40 and my big boys I mean the trees over 8' were selling for around $125. But over the years I have built up a pretty good reputation of having excellent trees. I also donate between 75 and 100 tree usually #2 grade to needy families in the area. I try to contact the local churches and the they screen those who are i need from those that just want a free tree.

a quik note: try to bring in maybe a dozen or so table top trees. They will sell they are cheaper for you to buy and you can charge just as much.

Guthrie&Co
08-25-2005, 10:41 PM
you should be at least 25 bucks a tree profit. i.e if wholesale the tree is 21.00 you need to retail for 46.00 min etc etc

Eddie B
08-31-2005, 12:58 PM
Trees here are retailed for $25 and up, most start at 5 feet, from what i've seen.