PDA

View Full Version : How bad are they?

Howie's Lawn Care
08-25-2005, 11:23 AM
How bad a pistol grips? I want a Hustler 37" Hydro Walk-Behind, but I could get a Toro 36" Hydro Walk-Behind and Toro 21" Commercial for the same price. Does the Hustler H-Bar steering make it worth the extra cash money of pistol grips? If anybody is selling the Hustler or Toros I've listed, I may consider buying one used. Also, what do you guys think about the Cub Cadet Walk-Behinds? Are they worth walking behind ;) ? I just have a hard time finding used Hustlers. Thanks in advance for any input.

The C Man
08-25-2005, 12:09 PM
In the future, please be more specific when you ask a question in the subject line of your post. "How bad are they?" could mean anything.

MTR
08-25-2005, 12:11 PM
How bad a pistol grips? I want a Hustler 37" Hydro Walk-Behind, but I could get a Toro 36" Hydro Walk-Behind and Toro 21" Commercial for the same price. Does the Hustler H-Bar steering make it worth the extra cash money of pistol grips? If anybody is selling the Hustler or Toros I've listed, I may consider buying one used. Also, what do you guys think about the Cub Cadet Walk-Behinds? Are they worth walking behind ;) ? I just have a hard time finding used Hustlers. Thanks in advance for any input.

Toro hydro pistol with SFS deck? clogging and clogging and clogging, case closed. Get Hustler.

Howie's Lawn Care
08-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Toro hydro pistol with SFS deck? clogging and clogging and clogging, case closed. Get Hustler.

I heard TFS decks on the toro riders were good, but the SFS isn't? Why don't they use turbo force on walk-behind then?

South Florida Lawns
08-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Never ever had a clogging problem and I never scrape the decks either. I have side discharged and mulched with them and I have not had any problems.

MTR
08-26-2005, 01:52 AM
I heard TFS decks on the toro riders were good, but the SFS isn't? Why don't they use turbo force on walk-behind then?

New Turbo force deck is about to be on 06 line of WB, that what I heard. My dealer no longer stock Toro walk with SFS, they were outsold by rival Gravely, Bob cat and of course eXmark walks. In my area, you can see, junk pile of older Toro walk with SFS deck up for sale cheap, and barely got picked, cause they are not matching up to big name like Hustler, eXmark, and Scag or Ferris.

TWUllc
08-26-2005, 01:38 PM
they were outsold by rival Gravely, Bob cat <b>and of course eXmark walks</b>. In my area, you can see, junk pile of older Toro walk with SFS deck up for sale cheap, and barely got picked, cause they are not matching up to big name like Hustler, eXmark, and Scag or Ferris.

Never had any problems with my Toro WB's (SFS). Pistols never bothered me eaither.

Does the deck clog? Yeah, it does..........when you're cutting in the rain. :dizzy:

By the way, eXmark is way over rated IMO.

i_plant_art
08-26-2005, 03:16 PM
how bout an exmark 36" ECS?????? ive got one ill sell ya.

MTR
08-27-2005, 02:14 AM
Never had any problems with my Toro WB's (SFS). Pistols never bothered me eaither.

Does the deck clog? Yeah, it does..........when you're cutting in the rain. :dizzy:

By the way, eXmark is way over rated IMO.

I agree on that over-rated, but look around people still buy them cause whoelse have better wb than them? Hustler SWB (barely sold), scag may be...Stander probably the best eXmark beater but the price is Z territory.

Howie's Lawn Care
08-27-2005, 05:44 AM
how bout an exmark 36" ECS?????? ive got one ill sell ya.
Tell me more...