PDA

View Full Version : close call

gatormowing
08-26-2005, 05:50 PM
I had what might have been a close call today. I try to keep an eye on my trailer when mowing and I noticed a couple of guys in an old van driving by slowly. It went to the end of the block and turned around. I was at the rear of the house and decided on my next turn to go around front. I round the corner of the house and there's a young guy standing next to my trimmer rack. He heard the mower and me yelling and he took off walking. I sat in the front yard and noticed him looking down the street and there was the van moving away. He stood across the street and flipped me off and started yellingat me that I better not mess with him cause he's dangerous. I just sat there and he walked away but as soon as I could finish I got out of that neighborhood.

jbell113
08-26-2005, 06:18 PM
THIEVES, I HATE EM I would have chased his @$$ down.

HometownLawn
08-26-2005, 06:24 PM
why not put a lock on the trimmers? The trailers i see around here look as though you could put like a bicycle u-bar type lock. just a thought. I've been thinking about how to secure my stuff too (when i get it) i also see a lot of guys with enclosed trailers but i would think that would hamper you from things like hauling off brush

jtrice11
08-26-2005, 06:32 PM
I had what might have been a close call today. I try to keep an eye on my trailer when mowing and I noticed a couple of guys in an old van driving by slowly. It went to the end of the block and turned around. I was at the rear of the house and decided on my next turn to go around front. I round the corner of the house and there's a young guy standing next to my trimmer rack. He heard the mower and me yelling and he took off walking. I sat in the front yard and noticed him looking down the street and there was the van moving away. He stood across the street and flipped me off and started yellingat me that I better not mess with him cause he's dangerous. I just sat there and he walked away but as soon as I could finish I got out of that neighborhood.

Jeezus, what the hell's the deal in florida? I have never even heard of stuff getting stolen around here.

mcwlandscaping
08-26-2005, 06:44 PM
Jeezus, what the hell's the deal in florida? I have never even heard of stuff getting stolen around here.
Same with where i am!

HometownLawn
08-26-2005, 06:47 PM
florida can be a sketchy place. lots of transients down here and LOTS of pawn shops...a crackhead can keep himself well supplied with what he can rip off from a lawn service truck

J-Dubb
08-26-2005, 06:48 PM
What balls........one day they'll try to steal from the wrong person. Some old school hill jack will put a round in him.

northwest lawn
08-26-2005, 07:26 PM
i would of chased him down and then beat him

HometownLawn
08-26-2005, 07:28 PM
you're not going to catch a crackhead.

South Florida Lawns
08-26-2005, 07:31 PM
I run into these problems way to many times. A lot of the thieves fight back too. Good thing you caught them. I have invested in enclosed trailers, and if in a bad area I will close and lock all doors. That way I can just focus on mowing and not have to constantly check over my shoulder to see if anything is missing.

twindiddy
08-26-2005, 08:32 PM
you're not going to catch a crackhead.

especially if he's got a tv or stereo!

i thought that's what the .45 was for. Cocked, locked, and ready to rock.

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger
08-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Still working out of a pickup for a while here. I have a security cable run through everything I'm not using at any time (except the WB). I still try to keep an eye on the truck as much as possible which is also locked up. It's a pain to have to do that but if I'm in the yard and some young thief picked up something from the truck, I wouldn't be able to catch him/her. And to run after them, I would be abandoning whatever equipment I was using at the time. Sunday I left a string trimmer and two gas cans in my own back yard and they were stolen while I was in the house! :angry:

LB1234
08-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Just had a dual-wheeled wheel barrel stolen out of the back of our pickup from a home cheapo parking lot. un-freakin-believable :realmad:

lawnmaniac883
08-26-2005, 10:15 PM
First off, I HATE THEIVES. They didnt work for what they have and didnt earn what they get. I am waiting for the day some ******* walks up to my stuff and tries to walk off with a Stihl. I'm gonna be haulin ass down that road so quick...tell you what. Gettin my stuff back wont be good enough, no, I will proceed to beat the guy into the pavement. One day it will happen; I know it will.

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger
08-26-2005, 10:24 PM
Down there you can feed them to the gators can't ya? :D

Twigs
08-26-2005, 10:31 PM
I have vacant property in a bad area. Got to maintain it, or the city will charge big for each cut. ($300.00) So, I go early on Sunday, bring along my "Smith" friend, and don't try to hide it. (Got a permit!) Got everything locked down, but sometimes locals walk by to "inventory" the trailer, see me and "Smithy" and keep going. Sometimes I get a friend to sit on the trailer. Wanna buy a piece of property cheap?