PDA

View Full Version : Is this good deal?

Joe721
08-26-2005, 08:53 PM
I was thinking about buying the PM 34Z made by Gravely. Its $4,800 dollars and I was wondering if you guys think this is a good deal, click on link and check it out and post what you think. Thanks

http://gravely.com/gravely/Products/Zero-Turn+Mowers/pm+34z.asp

Joe721
08-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Can anyone help me?

Wells
08-26-2005, 10:41 PM
Joe,
It all depends on the size of the yards you will be using it on.
If you service larger size lots then you might want to consider a ZTR that is slighly larger.

We service mostly small, flat residential yards with 36" gate openings and the Gravely PM34Z is the ideal mower for that situation.

The only downfall I have with the mower is that it doesn't hold a steep hill very well.

Scotts' Yard Care
08-26-2005, 10:46 PM
have you done a search for previous comments on this machine? I recall a couple of different threads with some good opinions on the Gravely. :)

mad_wrestler
08-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Forget the the 34Z. I thought about that when I was first starting out, which was only this year. I went with an Exmark 48" Lazer HP. After three months of a busy summer i know that was the best decision I have made in my opinion. We can fit in most gates. We have only 3 that we need to use the walk behind due to gate clearance. It's better to grow into your equipment than out of it. Hope this helps.

lawnman_scott
08-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Being in FL I am sure you have many gated yards with small gates. The mower is great, and saves time. We are doing more business this year with 2 people than in other years with 3 people. Just keep track of who says what about this mower. Sure it could be better on a slope, of course there are no slopes here. It pulled my exmark 52 lazer out of the mud the other day, so there is no shortage of power. If you do a search or listen to what others say about the mower, listen harder to the ones that actually own the mower, not the ones just spreading hearsay on the internet. One more thing, tie a rope or chain to a walkbehind and try to pull out some hedges or small trees and see where that gets you.

Joe721
08-27-2005, 12:57 AM
Joe,
It all depends on the size of the yards you will be using it on.
If you service larger size lots then you might want to consider a ZTR that is slighly larger.

We service mostly small, flat residential yards with 36" gate openings and the Gravely PM34Z is the ideal mower for that situation.

The only downfall I have with the mower is that it doesn't hold a steep hill very well.

Yeah here in florida there's no hills its flat.

Joe721
08-27-2005, 12:58 AM
Forget the the 34Z. I thought about that when I was first starting out, which was only this year. I went with an Exmark 48" Lazer HP. After three months of a busy summer i know that was the best decision I have made in my opinion. We can fit in most gates. We have only 3 that we need to use the walk behind due to gate clearance. It's better to grow into your equipment than out of it. Hope this helps.

How much is the 48" Lazer HP? I only have limited spending budget... i'm not to big so I think a 48" might be to big.. and I dont think it will fit through gates the 34" Gravely will.

mad_wrestler
08-27-2005, 01:17 AM
After tax and a mulching kit it cost $7200. Well worth it. You definately want to stay within your spending budget. Most builders around here put 4 ft wooden gates in. Sure on some it just barely fits, but like I said we only have three accounts that we need to use the walk behind. Houses built from thye 80s and back are the ones with small gates it seems. I bought a 36" metro for the back yards and slopes. That was after I could pay cash for the metro. We do about 110 ten yards a month, so I am glad to have bought the 48". Don't need anything bigger as of yet. Only one account over an acre. It is actually 2 1/2 and the 48" does just fine. Oh and one more thing. Don't buy a ZTR with less than 21 Hp. You'll thank me when you are mowing that high damp grass!

Wells
08-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Yeah here in florida there's no hills its flat.
Im not talking about hugh hills, more of just sloping landscape. I live in a flat area as well, but there are at least 15 residentials we service that have sloping landscaping and the 34Z mower just doesn't seem to want to hold the slop very well.
All im saying is I wouldn't want to mow with it on a slope around water and I sure you have plenty of that in Florida.