PDA

View Full Version : Truck Body

ynvvbr
08-26-2005, 09:10 PM
Hey All,

Does anyone know who makes customer landscape mowing bodies? Let me know.

Thanx

UNISCAPER
08-26-2005, 09:17 PM
When you ask and say Custom Landscape mowing bodies, explain exactly what you mean. Super Lawn Trucks are basically van bodies with an electric gate, a few compartments and a very high price tag. If you refer to those dove tail drive on ramp load straight trucks, usually mounted on a 3, 4 or 5 series conventional or a light duty bubble nosed truck? The vast majority of those around by us are hand built to company specs at a fab shop. Fairly cheap, easy to build, and most who have middle of the road to advanced fabrication and welding qualifications can knock one out in 3 days for well under 5K.

ynvvbr
08-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Yea, its not the Super Lawn one's.

We picked up a large acct in City areas around us, Like Philly and are thinking of getting rid of a few trailers and getting a few Dovetail jobs. The problem we have is the shop around us only deals with Pre fab bodies from Supreme (14'). We have asked if anyone else has them or if they could Fab a few custom ones for us and keep getting BS answers. So I figured I would check with everyone here. I guess I'll have to try and track down a Csutom Fab shop outside of my general area.