PDA

View Full Version : SOLO? anyone heard of this brand

GreenGrassEarnsCash
08-26-2005, 09:13 PM
was looking on ebay for a trimmer and saw a brand called solo. had never heard of it before. at first i thot it was a homeowner brand but the were selling for like 200-350.

stevesmowing
08-26-2005, 09:57 PM
i've heard of them. They sell backpack blowers and stuff too. Here is a link to compare prices of what is selling online. Hope this helps

http://www.allwebdiscounts.com/lg_solo.php3

LandscapeSolutions
08-26-2005, 11:00 PM
They look to be a good reliable brand. Just make sure you have a dealer nearby if you buy one..............

Howie's Lawn Care
08-27-2005, 12:22 AM
My local dealer sells them. When I asked him about them, he said he was trying to phase them out. I guess they're popular overseas.

i_plant_art
08-27-2005, 03:15 AM
dude-- a backpack trimmer LOL WTF-- ive seen it all now .... that thing is cool... i might have to get one just to be the only one walking around with one.... LOL this would be awsome......

rmland
08-27-2005, 05:51 AM
I have a solo 472, the biggest backpack blower the make. It is quiet and rated one of the highest CFM out there, but I have problems. It bogs down when I need it most and I am very frustrated with it. Also only dealer is about an hour away. I will definatly get a Red Max

Mope Head
08-27-2005, 05:56 AM
I've always known them for their backpack sprayers.

I didn't know they did other equipment.

byoung
03-16-2007, 02:13 PM
I have had one for a while now... IMHO you can't do much better. I know one of the posts in this thread is having problems and I don't doubt it... but look into other blowers... There is NO shortage of people out there that are 'never' buying another stihl, Echo, RedMax etc...

This thing will make a brick (yes a large red one...) literally dance across my driveway, it's light, comfortable, get's like double the run time of my Br600 - (and does more work!) and is really durable in my opinion. It WILL NOT, however, rev up as quick and twist as hard as some of the others, but over a day, a week etc. for me it simply gets a lot more work done. So for noise and that GTO-like feeling, maybe it's not for you, but if you appreciate understated equipment with exquisite engineering that makes you life easier, than join the club. (and no, I am not a dealer.... just bought one on a whim and can't believe that more people are not!)