PDA

View Full Version : Stripping roller fell off!!!

MOlawnman
08-27-2005, 01:02 AM
I recently experienced a catastrophe with my EXMark stripping roller. It decided it did not want to be attached to my Lazer Z anymore. :dizzy: So, somehow it released itself from the mounting brackets!! I am not sure how this happened but it is no longer in use as it is not attached.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?? My dealer did not have an explanation of why this happened or how to get it from happening again.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Thanks

geogunn
08-27-2005, 01:13 AM
I recently experienced a catastrophe....

bummer dude. but we are glad you are OK.

was this an act of GOD thing or are you just stupid with a wrench and nut?

GEO

MOlawnman
08-27-2005, 01:21 AM
It must have been an act of God. The brackets were still attached to the mower!!!

J-Dubb
08-27-2005, 03:36 AM
I was mowing several weeks ago and for some reason I felt the urge to look behind me. When I did I saw my roller lying in the grass! I think I got too close to a tree and the roller bracket hit the tree and somehow came off. The right side bracket was still attached to it and the bearing was in pieces. Quick easy fix though......

vipermanz
08-27-2005, 03:49 AM
Do exmark rollers have a solid shaft through the conter of the roller? I definetly would use loctite red on them

i_plant_art
08-27-2005, 04:00 AM
It must have been an act of God. The brackets were still attached to the mower!!!

being attatched and being attatched "like a storm door flappin in a huricane" :cool2: are two different things. were the brackets attatched firmly or are they loose and move around?

John Gamba
08-27-2005, 07:53 AM
Check your bearings