PDA

View Full Version : Today - My Bad Day

mowmasteruk
08-27-2005, 01:24 PM
What a day. First I slipped off the deck of my flatbed while I was refilling my water tank and landed on my back with my legs in the air - nifty move for a 58 year old. Then the starter rope broke on my line trimmer and disappeared into the recoil; one of the bolts on the starter was seized and I could not remove it to repair the cord. Whilst I was doing this the wind caught the rear door of my van and it clipped me on the head. Then whilst using a blade on my trimmer my leg disappeared two feet down a rabbit hole. I then decided this was definitely not my day and decided to pack up and go home before I got killed.
Does anyone else have days like this?

TURFLORD
08-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Is this a serious question ? :)

JB1
08-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Days, sometime have months like that.

mowmasteruk
08-27-2005, 01:51 PM
Nice to hear that JB. Seems like I've been getting off light up to now.

Ramairfreak98ss
08-27-2005, 02:15 PM
damn, yeah once enough things happen, it wont get any better usually the rest of the day lol

Nosmo
08-27-2005, 03:29 PM
What a day ! I'm glad to hear you tossed in the towel for the rest of the day and from then on it was smooth sailin'.

We all have days like that when nothing seems to go right. But look on the bright side -- there is tomorrow and everything may fall into place just right.

Nosmo

daveintoledo
08-27-2005, 03:41 PM
wow glad it wasnt a more serious injury.....i think we have days like that so when we have a really great day, we can see the difference :p

mith
08-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Mowmaster, where abouts in the IOW are you? Just wondering.
Nice place there, just spent a week on the tail end of cowes week just outside of Shalfleet, its great but its a long walk to find anything but a pub. We ended up thumbing lifts most the time.

jtrice11
08-27-2005, 04:15 PM
What a day. First I slipped off the deck of my flatbed while I was refilling my water tank and landed on my back with my legs in the air - nifty move for a 58 year old. Then the starter rope broke on my line trimmer and disappeared into the recoil; one of the bolts on the starter was seized and I could not remove it to repair the cord. Whilst I was doing this the wind caught the rear door of my van and it clipped me on the head. Then whilst using a blade on my trimmer my leg disappeared two feet down a rabbit hole. I then decided this was definitely not my day and decided to pack up and go home before I got killed.
Does anyone else have days like this?

whew, I haven't one that bad but yesterday I got home and pulled up to the shop and ALL 300 feet of my spray hose was dragging behind me! I have no idea how that happened.

careco
08-27-2005, 04:45 PM
Mama said there would be days like this ? Just did not think they come in weeks ? :cry:

Lux Lawn
08-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Sounds like you should have stayed in bed.

mowmasteruk
08-28-2005, 06:51 AM
whew, I haven't one that bad but yesterday I got home and pulled up to the shop and ALL 300 feet of my spray hose was dragging behind me! I have no idea how that happened.
Yes, I've done that too!!

mowmasteruk
08-28-2005, 06:56 AM
Mowmaster, where abouts in the IOW are you? Just wondering.
Nice place there, just spent a week on the tail end of cowes week just outside of Shalfleet, its great but its a long walk to find anything but a pub. We ended up thumbing lifts most the time.
My home is at Chillerton, right in the middle of the Island near where the big TV mast is, I have my work depot at Merstone. You should have bought a bus rover ticket, save all that thumbing! Hope you enjoyed Cowes, one of my contracts is watering all the hanging baskets and flower tubs there, as a matter of fact I was down there at 5.20 am this morning.

rodfather
08-28-2005, 07:16 AM
You can safely say you will have bad days like these being a business owner...everyone has them.

mith
08-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Have you seen the price of the ticket though, we would have had to go hungry for the day, very tight budget. Cowes is very nice, you sure got your work cut out watering those baskets thought, there were loads. Excellent fish and chip shop, cant remember its name but its right by Summerfields (I think thats the one). Good fish and chips there.

jtrice11
08-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Yes, I've done that too!!

I feel a little better, I'm not the only one. God, did I feel like an idiot. And guess who pulls up right behind me as I reach the shop, my Dad! comes out shaking his head. not good.

Itsgottobegreen
08-29-2005, 12:28 AM
I have had years like that :cry: . usually 2 or 3 days a week is like that. :angry:

mowmasteruk
08-29-2005, 04:17 AM
Have you seen the price of the ticket though, we would have had to go hungry for the day, very tight budget. Cowes is very nice, you sure got your work cut out watering those baskets thought, there were loads. Excellent fish and chip shop, cant remember its name but its right by Summerfields (I think thats the one). Good fish and chips there.

That's Corries Cabin, yes the fish and chips are the best. Watering the baskets and tubs takes a total of 4 hours 15 minutes on average and uses about 200 gallons of water - I usually spread the job over two mornings each time because (a) my water tank only holds 150 gallons and (b) the job has to be completed by 7 a.m. because the High Street in Cowes is very narrow and becomes blocked by trucks delivering to the shops, also there's the problems of pedestrians tripping over the hoses, etc.
Hope you'll visit the Isle of Wight again some time.