PDA

View Full Version : For those of you that send your bills out.......

1MajorTom
08-27-2005, 04:19 PM
at the end of the month....
Do you plan on enclosing an aeration flier/pamphlet along with this months invoice? Or have you already lined up all your fall aerations just by already talking to the customer?.
So far we only have 8 aerations scheduled :blush: , and we haven't pushed a single one. These were all previous years customers that have approached us, I guess we fell short this year on aerations and overseeding.
Also I believe I have read here that doing aerations on a Saturday is a good idea cause sometimes the neighbors will be home and you can land some additional aerations from the neighbors that see you. Who here has done Saturday aerations and pulled in some nice additonal money by picking up the neighbors on the weekend?

AL Inc
08-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Jodi, I plan on sending out a flyer w/ my August billing advertising aeration/overseeding. We usually don't do a lot of it, maybe 20-30 every fall. September is usually pretty busy with installs, mums, etc. I know I could do more, I just never pushed it hard.
As far as working Saturdays, yes, it might be a good idea for you to pick up some extra work. I personally hate working Saturdays (just finished today at 4 pm :( ) I would rather work five long days and have the weekend off. And I'm not always wild about doing small, one time jobs for people I don't know. I just would rather work for my established, full service clients and know that the bill will be paid at the end of the month.

lqmustang
08-27-2005, 05:10 PM
I already sent out a notice for aerating, went out with my notice about some schedule changes to accomodate my upcoming cruise. :cool: I am finding that the letter alone isn't generating many calls. I have started calling alot of my customers, and have lined up alot more aerating business that way. I'm also getting alot of seeding to go along with the aerating this year. Now if only mother nature will let some rain fall and get some moisture into the turf.

South Florida Lawns
08-27-2005, 05:42 PM
Seems to be less popular down here. Except for the golf courses.

Shady Brook
08-27-2005, 06:41 PM
We also include an aeration information sheet with our August bills, and have found the Saturday aerations to be the ideal way to pick up a couple extra accounts. I know in the past that Aerating on Saturday afternoon was feared as by this time in the day and week, I was pretty tired and my brain would tell my rebeling body to suck it up for that neighbor who asked me to do their lawn while I was there.

1MajorTom
08-27-2005, 07:49 PM
I am finding that the letter alone isn't generating many calls. I have started calling alot of my customers, and have lined up alot more aerating business that way.
Thanks for the tip, I'll send the letter out, then probably have to follow up too with a phone call.

Branchland
08-27-2005, 08:44 PM
I sent out letters last year without out much response. Doubt I'll do it this year. Most of mine that want it are already set up for ir. Any other customers I think will take the extra care of their lawn I'll call.

As far as Saturdays, I've done that or after about 5:30 on weekdays and do pick up extra work. It is worth the time.