PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done this?

southtx
08-27-2005, 05:43 PM
I have looked on the old search post and found one post on this subject. I was thinking about taking a toro Suzuki and dropping it on a snapper. I found another web site that showed a guy that did it but he never said if it was a pain in the a$$ or what. Show I just wanted to see if anyone here has done it? I know that I'm trying to but a engine on a body that was not made for it but if it could be done why not? Well let me know what y'all think or know . :D

Scotts' Yard Care
08-27-2005, 08:16 PM
We had a great old heavy commercial toro that had a bad Suzuki on it that we replaced with a Briggs engine. Pretty straight forward but then we might have gotten lucky. :D

Brianslawn
08-27-2005, 10:17 PM
i got a friend that replaced a kohler with a brigs in his walker. im working on putting a geo metro engine in a walker. im going to have to do some custom fab, but after my last truck project, i think i can handle it. try and find one that has same sized shaft for the easiest method. you might have to drill new holes for mounting bolts. also, the wires.... figure out which is which and splice them if harness plug is different. you might have to modifie couple other things for fit, etc., but shouldnt be too difficult.

topsites
08-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Well I was thinking of putting the Pininfarina 6.5 litre 12-cylinder on my weed-eater myself :rolleyes:

sorry, it was irresistible

Scotts' Yard Care
08-27-2005, 10:32 PM
big is that Walker? :D Hmmmm...70hp for the Metro engine......

Brianslawn
08-27-2005, 10:37 PM
big is that Walker? :D Hmmmm...70hp for the Metro engine......

993 cc suzuki 3 cylinder. book said 55 hp. thought about putting a turbo on it, too, but that might be too much overkill. something to brush hog small yards where we cant get the tractor. also something to show off to the many other walker users around town. hope to finish it this winter. i'll post pics when done.

southtx
08-27-2005, 10:49 PM
Thanks guys

Scotts' Yard Care
08-27-2005, 11:09 PM
that is an excellent project :) I'm looking forward to seeing the completed beast. I could have sworn that some of them were rated at 70 hp but I could be wrong. I doubt if that would make much difference on your engineering anyway.

Lawn Wolf
08-27-2005, 11:14 PM
I'm still working on getting the Hemi engine on my 32" wb. I don't know if it will work on a Red frame , considering it came out of a silver body truck... :blob3:

Brianslawn
08-28-2005, 12:28 AM
that is an excellent project :) I'm looking forward to seeing the completed beast. I could have sworn that some of them were rated at 70 hp but I could be wrong. I doubt if that would make much difference on your engineering anyway.

i think the 4 cylinders might be. mines a 3. i went with the 3 so i wouldnt have to enlarge the frame. i started on it last spring, but been so busy since. have to wait till winter to finish. already told walker rep about it and he wanted to put it in walker talk when im done. ill post updates this winter when i start working on it again.