PDA

View Full Version : Befco and Landpride

FINN
08-27-2005, 11:25 PM
I am looking for some feedback on the Befco and Landpride overseeders. Does anyone have any experience using these products for overseeding?

Thanks,

Finn

DUSTYCEDAR
01-19-2006, 12:55 PM
had a land pride slice seeder it was a maintance bear the blades went fast
friend has a befco and its the same way

FINN
01-19-2006, 01:01 PM
I ended up with a Woods Super Turf Renovator. Half the price of the others. Not exactly the same animal. Rate per K is low, so multile pass is required. It has it's place. Built like a tank.

I sent you PM about the Top Dresser.

lawn king
01-21-2006, 11:17 AM
Finn, i was thinking about buying that same machine, as i am not a big advocate of slice seeding (no wars please, JMHO). I like the way you can adjust the angle of attack on the small spike rollers up front, im sure this really loosens up the topsoil. What size model did you get & how much hp is @ the pto on your tractor? I would also like to know what you paid for it in a pm if you dont mind, the more info you are willing to share on this fine machine the better. Thankx very much, Scott.

FINN
01-21-2006, 11:55 AM
Finn, i was thinking about buying that same machine, as i am not a big advocate of slice seeding (no wars please, JMHO). I like the way you can adjust the angle of attack on the small spike rollers up front, im sure this really loosens up the topsoil. What size model did you get & how much hp is @ the pto on your tractor? I would also like to know what you paid for it in a pm if you dont mind, the more info you are willing to share on this fine machine the better. Thankx very much, Scott.

LK,

The front rollers have several settings for offset. It does a good job creating seed to soil contact. However, I was not thrilled with the rollers "picking up" cores from aerating. Obviously the wetter it is the worse it is. I was looking more for the spiked rollers to break up the cores. They do and they don't. That appears to be related more to conditions than anything else.

It does not run off a PTO. It's ground driven. The ground drive connection for the seed box can be disconnected. The unit can then be used just for "scratching". Sorta like a soil pulverizer.

I purchased a 60". It also comes in 72". I shoped around and the average price for 60" was $3,500.00

I like it but........it only puts out about 2.25lbs/k. Not happy. I am looking to improve on this.

Hope this helps.

JB1
01-21-2006, 02:06 PM
I have the landpride, works great, I found it at an auction hardly used for half price. I can't complain for as much as we use it it hold up well.

lawn king
01-28-2006, 11:22 AM
LK,

The front rollers have several settings for offset. It does a good job creating seed to soil contact. However, I was not thrilled with the rollers "picking up" cores from aerating. Obviously the wetter it is the worse it is. I was looking more for the spiked rollers to break up the cores. They do and they don't. That appears to be related more to conditions than anything else.

It does not run off a PTO. It's ground driven. The ground drive connection for the seed box can be disconnected. The unit can then be used just for "scratching". Sorta like a soil pulverizer.

I purchased a 60". It also comes in 72". I shoped around and the average price for 60" was $3,500.00

I like it but........it only puts out about 2.25lbs/k. Not happy. I am looking to improve on this.

Hope this helps.
Finn,you could build a small steele frame aruund some chainlink & attach this in the rear. This would break up the cores & dress your seed & loose soil with a layer of topsoil!