PDA

View Full Version : mowing

skurkp
08-28-2005, 09:32 AM
Got my first athletic field, a cricket field. Great mowing wish all of my contracts were as smooth. $85.00 weekly and it takes me alone about one hour. What do you guys think?

Also I have a long grass contractor who gives me a few accounts. When I first looked at the accounts and gave him a price or he gave me the price and I accepted, most all of the accounts were supposed to be every two weeks, that was great but now I will tell him that I am going to mow the short grass for him and he does not want to go so he says wait until next week. The next week will come and he says to wait again. Well then it is monthly and not bi-weekly. The agreement was so that I would make so much per month on these properties. I don't mind doing them but at the extended intervals it takes longer and is harder on the mowers. I want to talk to him about this and don't know if I should explain that he needs to allow me to mow every two weeks or if he is just going to pay me what I would make for the bi-weekly mowing for the month. Any suggestions?

OMG
08-28-2005, 11:33 AM
I would love to have a ton of soccer fields, etc.....congrats.

On the other part of your post----I will not cut anything on a regular basis over 2 weeks without adding huge fees. In other words, it would be almost as cheap to pay me for cutting every 2 weeks. Either play my game, or deal with someone else.

green thum
08-28-2005, 01:15 PM
Congrats on the field........85.00 an hr is good money,as far as the other i agree with omg,either every other week or not at all.i recently began putting that clause in my contracts,it is too hard on your equipment to cut it when it is three feet tall.good luck