PDA

View Full Version : Bee's

mikekinney
08-28-2005, 08:59 AM
Hi Guys,Gals,

I looking for any help with pricing bee's, that is when someone calls you and wants you to go spray their bee's nest! What is a fair price to charge.

Mike

A.T.A.K
08-28-2005, 01:09 PM
I charge no less than $225.00 and it depends on where the nest is located. Do you know if they are definetly honey bees. Where is the nest located. This info will help in the pricing process.

Ric
08-28-2005, 01:50 PM
Mike

I suggest PERMETHRIN it has the fastest knock down and may keep you from getting stung. I like to use a power sprayer with tree gun and stand way back. I have actually shot attacking Tree Honets like skeet shooting with this set up.

lawnservice
08-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Mike

I suggest PERMETHRIN it has the fastest knock down and may keep you from getting stung. I like to use a power sprayer with tree gun and stand way back. I have actually shot attacking Tree Honets like skeet shooting with this set up.
now that sounds like fun

Ric
08-28-2005, 07:03 PM
now that sounds like fun

Yep it was, went I final got the right chemicals. Talstar doesn't work quick enough and I darn near got stung. The first time I did Tree Hornets was freeby for a friend in the tree business, He send me so many refferals, I couldn't charge him. He was already stung badly and was not in a good mood. He want to finish the job that day to collect his money, so I made a trip back to the shop and got my tree sprayer which is on a trailer. With the right stuff it was a cake walk and fun to boot.

A.T.A.K
08-28-2005, 08:42 PM
Ric I know you are out of the industry but we now have killer bees in FL. Now it will get fun Bees have always been my favorite part of pest control. At one point I was doing 30m jobs a month the last thrill of the kill. My drug of choice was Drione dust and Kicker to knock out the guards. Did You take them out at night or day? My artical on the killer bees should be out next month in CPCO.

Ric
08-28-2005, 11:08 PM
Ric I know you are out of the industry but we now have killer bees in FL. Now it will get fun Bees have always been my favorite part of pest control. At one point I was doing 30m jobs a month the last thrill of the kill. My drug of choice was Drione dust and Kicker to knock out the guards. Did You take them out at night or day? My artical on the killer bees should be out next month in CPCO.

Tim

Good Bee control should be none at night. But for non structural nests The day can be ok also. In fact for Tree Hornet or Ground Hornet I like day better because I can see. In the case of My tree trimmer buddy, he needed done ASAP. I was addressing a non-structural application. This Forum is not a structural forum and I run across very few Bees. I will look for your article in CPOC, I get that magazine among many others. In PM to you I have admitted to not being up on GHP like I should be. Most of my experience has been with L&O from lawn mowing to Nursery growing.

BTW I am looking to get get back in business or working for someone at least part time. With prices sky rocketing the way they are I am not quite comfortable with my retired position. The big decision is whether to go back into business or work for someone else. I have had offers but not exactly what I want. I only really want part time, but will take a full position if the money is right. The last thing I want is stress.