PDA

View Full Version : Good luck to the people in Louisiana and Texas, gas will probally skyrocket too

meathead1134
08-28-2005, 06:05 PM
I just wanted to say good luck to the people in Louisiana and Texas. I hope that everybody comes out ok from the storm. It's a real monster of a storm, Hopefully you guys have already evacuated from this. We all will be thinking of you guys stay safe.

On a side note I'm sure that gas prices are going to up real quick.

all ferris
08-28-2005, 06:45 PM
Everyone in that area is in my thoughts and prayers. To the people that are in the strike zone, fuel prices are the least of their concerns.
Baten down the hatches.

splatz100
08-28-2005, 06:57 PM
Yea I'm in Lafayette which is around 2 hours away from the strike zone.I feel for the people that are in N.O.

A Leaf Above
08-28-2005, 07:10 PM
Good luck to all of you guys up there . Katrina just nailed us with only
75 mph winds here, i cant imagine gettin hit with 175 mph winds.

Good luck , Be safe ....

splatz100
08-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Yea they are predicting around 60-75 for us, but I am thinking the worst....

kandklandscape
08-28-2005, 07:26 PM
god bless you all!!! goodluck everyone in that area!

mdb landscaping
08-28-2005, 07:44 PM
if only we could steer this hurricane to IRAQ! good luck to all down south. looks like its not gonna be fun.

Ric
08-28-2005, 08:33 PM
Meathead

Great point about gas prices. Most of our countries refineries are located along the Mississippi river around New Orleans or Texas Bay Town area just out side of Houston.

Hurricane Charlie and his brothers to follow had a Huge impact of the Florida economy. If we think Gas prices are high now, we might be wishing for those prices in the near future.

Pro-Scapes
08-28-2005, 11:43 PM
who cares about gas prices. We are more oncerned for our lives and other people. We just caught our first taste of the rain and some 25mph gusts. We got all buttoned down and we are going to ride it out.

Sorry im a little more concerned about our home, business and my family than gas prices. Thanks for always thinking of your wallets guys.

Only reason we have a shortage here today is all the people evacuating new orleans. We are just north of Hattiesburg MS

They are predicting cat 3 to 4 winds here around 125mph or so. Please pray for us and stop worrying about gas prices. $3 a gallon wont kill you. A cat 5 hurricane will. Yes gas prices suck a$$ but so does the fear of this storm coming at you.

to all the other people affected your in our thoughts and prayers... be safe not macho about this one.

Ric
08-29-2005, 12:33 AM
who cares about gas prices. We are more oncerned for our lives and other people. We just caught our first taste of the rain and some 25mph gusts. We got all buttoned down and we are going to ride it out.

Sorry im a little more concerned about our home, business and my family than gas prices. Thanks for always thinking of your wallets guys.

Only reason we have a shortage here today is all the people evacuating new orleans. We are just north of Hattiesburg MS

They are predicting cat 3 to 4 winds here around 125mph or so. Please pray for us and stop worrying about gas prices. $3 a gallon wont kill you. A cat 5 hurricane will. Yes gas prices suck a$$ but so does the fear of this storm coming at you.

to all the other people affected your in our thoughts and prayers... be safe not macho about this one.

Pro-Scapes

Please understand a year ago I went through the Eye of Charlie. I of all people feel for you. May the good lord grace you and yours.

Kelly's Landscaping
08-29-2005, 01:06 AM
I hope you all get though that ok and I am not worried at all about the gas prices. And when you guys are finished with the storm I hope it tracks its way up here like I think it will we need that rain BAD.

LALawnboy
08-29-2005, 02:35 AM
my hometown is kenner, la, about 15 minutes from downtown new orleans. basically, we're in the direct hit. thank god we got evacuated before all of the traffic jams. as for gas prices, i couldn't care less as of right now because so far, what they're saying is take a good look at new orleans while you can because it will NOT be the same. i'm more freaked out about whether i will have a house or not when i get home, not how much gas will cost me. for everyone praying for us, thank you and i can't tell you how much i'll be praying that everyone i grew up with and know is out of harm's way for this horrible event and that the damage is not as "catastrophic" as they keep saying it will be.

todd

meathead1134
08-29-2005, 08:44 AM

to all the other people affected your in our thoughts and prayers... be safe
not macho about this one.

If I wasn't concerned about you guys I wouldn't have posted. I hope that you guys are in a safe place now. I do not like seeing destruction of personal property, I hope that people sent power crews and other help to those who really need it once this storm clears the area. The gas prices are the least of your worries I am just stating a fact look at cnn.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/28/news/international/bc.markets.oil.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes

Pro-Scapes
08-29-2005, 10:14 AM
well we got thru the night with no problems. just a lot of pine debris. Its about 8am here and winds around 55mph as it moves in later today. I will try and update as I can until the DSL goes out. LAlawnboy how far did you guys evacuate. You would of been more than welcome here. Its going to get bad here but not near as bad as there.

Power was out for about an hour so far. Wife and I are both off today and tmrw. I am looking to start clean ups on Wed if possible maybe Thursday With mowing resuming saturday if its not still to wet
I am taking pictures thru the whole storm and will compress then then post a link when we get them online.