PDA

View Full Version : Discharge Shield Ideas?

mosmgras
08-28-2005, 08:03 PM
I am looking for pics of some homemade discharge shields. The door itself is pretty straight forward, I am looking for some ideas on how to move it (control rods, cables, electric, etc.) Any ideas or pics would be great. Thanks.

:confused:

Dashunde
08-29-2005, 12:27 AM
I'd like to see some ideas too.

STAN1366
08-29-2005, 10:50 AM
What kind of mower are you looking to put a discharge blocker on? There's a few different companies out there offering what you need for reasonable prices. It's sometimes cheaper to just buy something made already than to waste time trying to reinvent the wheel by making it yourself. I "made' a discharge blocker for my Bob Cat w/b that hinges where the standard chute did. It flips up out of the way to put the catcher on, but when I use it in the closed position I use a spring clamp to hold it closed. Have to stop the machine AND the blades when I open or close it which is a pain, but I think making linkage wouldn't be worth the trouble if I wanted it to work right. On my Lazer I just bought a "Blade Blocker" and it's all there for a reasonable price.

gogetter
08-29-2005, 03:37 PM
I am looking for pics of some homemade discharge shields. The door itself is pretty straight forward, I am looking for some ideas on how to move it (control rods, cables, electric, etc.) Any ideas or pics would be great.

Try a search with the term "OCDC". Or even "Homemade OCDC". This should get you started anyway.