PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer racks located over the wheels of the trailer or in the front?

blair smock
08-28-2005, 11:13 PM
Have you guys found that trimmers located over the wheel take more of a beating than located mounted over the front rail of the trailer? any input appreciated- thanks

Ramairfreak98ss
08-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Have you guys found that trimmers located over the wheel take more of a beating than located mounted over the front rail of the trailer? any input appreciated- thanks

Ive mostly seen in the front on boxes, or clip racks on the sides, btw, where are good places to order these? I may be looking for a temporary one for a open trailer and many pieces for the inside of an enclosed trailer for early next season.

Runner
08-29-2005, 02:45 AM
I don't know. Mine are all over the wheels of the trailer, because I have a spicerack and I need to have access to it. My rack set back about 3' whedre I get my blowers and saws from.

Tvov
08-29-2005, 08:20 AM
Around my area, everyone has them over the wheels. Assuming you are just driving on local roads, they shouldn't really get "beat up".

If you haven't already looked up the price of the racks, prepare for sticker shock.

Itsgottobegreen
08-29-2005, 11:55 AM
Mine are inside my enclosed, but behind the wheels. If anything mount the racks so the trimmers are facing towards the center of the trailer. So if somebody forgets to put the pins in. The trimmer falls into the trailer, not the road. Trust me it works. :D

Tvov
08-29-2005, 05:01 PM
So if somebody forgets to put the pins in. The trimmer falls into the trailer, not the road. Trust me it works. :D

Ouch, that must be a painful lesson!

Scapegoat
08-29-2005, 05:34 PM
Mine are along the side, cause I have a big tool box mounted along the front rail.

Itsgottobegreen
08-29-2005, 08:31 PM
Ouch, that must be a painful lesson!

Not me. Buddy of mine had it happend twice. :angry: $320 echo trimmer the first time. $285 edger the second time. Now they are mounted towards the inside.