PDA

View Full Version : how many strikes?

bobbygedd
08-29-2005, 09:54 AM
i did him a few yrs back. he was pleased. said i was the best service he ever had. we had a "disagreement", i dumped him. a couple yrs went by. he called and begged me to come back. i said ok. he got out of line with me on the phone, i dumped him again. that's 2 occurences. he is now calling me on a daily basis, apologizing, pleading, begging me to come back. i don't return his calls. at this point, would you even consider taking him back? money is not an issue, he pays whatever i say, never even blinks at the price, and he pays in advance. would you?

git er done landscaping
08-29-2005, 10:12 AM
so bob. what are the "disagreements" about? if he's paying what you want when you want it shouldnt be to bad but if he's a major PITA its not worth any $ to keep putting up with him.

Dashunde
08-29-2005, 10:13 AM
Considering your description of pay... certainly, take him back knowing that he will rant at some point and then just hang up on him and continue service as usual.

topsites
08-29-2005, 10:28 AM
It has been my experience that once a pita, always a pita. At least in MOST cases this is true, surely there ARE exceptions to the rule but you gotta figure the odds are against you so IF you take someone back then you're playing with one Ace SHORT of a winning hand... You MIGHT come out ok but most of the time, you will not.

It isn't a matter of number of chances here with this situation: ONCE a pita, always a pita - Thus no matter HOW many chances you give, the results will likely be the same in the end thus it is best to cut the number of chances to zero as soon as you realize what is going on.

I had a similar situation with a guy I dropped, called me like a year later and I couldn't remember exactly what was SO bad about him and since he was all nice I figured oh what the heck...

And yes you know it, FIRST time out went ok but the second time it was right back to the old song and dance that brought back vivid and detailed memories of ALL the reasons why I had stopped servicing this guy in the first place.

I learned at this point in time, once you drop someone you don't go back. I felt a bit stupid at the time but then I chalked it up to experience and how can you learn if you don't experience it?

Far as the money, it is a shame we don't find too many like that and the way you describe the payment agreement is certainly enough reason to give it the following consideration:
IF you can in any way TOLERATE the guy's nonsense then do it, considering the way he pays makes up for a fair percent of bs.
However, the guy I dropped was one of my biggest dollar spenders as well and ALWAYS paid but in the end I could NOT tolerate the bs, no matter how much I reasoned it out, I just couldn't do it.
Thus, you decide but remember it is NOT a matter of whether it will happen again as I can fairly guarantee it WILL happen again, it is only a matter of whether you can tolerate it or not.

olderthandirt
08-29-2005, 10:38 AM
no....................

jtrice11
08-29-2005, 10:42 AM
i did him a few yrs back. he was pleased. said i was the best service he ever had. we had a "disagreement", i dumped him. a couple yrs went by. he called and begged me to come back. i said ok. he got out of line with me on the phone, i dumped him again. that's 2 occurences. he is now calling me on a daily basis, apologizing, pleading, begging me to come back. i don't return his calls. at this point, would you even consider taking him back? money is not an issue, he pays whatever i say, never even blinks at the price, and he pays in advance. would you?

If you take him back again, your a glutton for punishment.

LawnBoy89
08-29-2005, 11:58 AM
I don't see the problem if he is paying. What do you argue about with him?

The C Man
08-29-2005, 12:16 PM
That's no way to treat your father.

6'7 330
08-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Three swings of the troll poll,and your out.

Steve9
08-29-2005, 12:47 PM
Im confused, is this a jilted lover or a lawn customer!!??? :confused:

John Gamba
08-29-2005, 12:51 PM
seeya!!!!!!!

Brianslawn
08-29-2005, 10:59 PM
so you got a new boyfriend i here booby. why dont you just kiss and make up?

why doesnt anyone get along with you?

do you look like hank hills dad on king of the hill

QualityLawnCare4u
08-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Got one client that I had in 99, again in 03 and I just lost him again for the same reason (once a month 3.5 acre yard) so to answer your question, NO!!! and h-ll NO!! A zebra will not change his stripes!

Nosmo
08-29-2005, 11:30 PM
Tell him I wish I could begin service on your property again but with the price of gasoline changing every day I can't afford to buy but just enough to do my regulars. Duhhhhhhhhh.

Remsen1
08-30-2005, 11:23 AM
Maybe, never had it happen to me before though. I'd think maybe implementing a no call policy, meaning he can't call you for any comments unless they are compliments. Basically he can only call you to ask for add-ons. Only communication should be via mail in the form of a check for the billed amount :)