PDA

View Full Version : Grubs?

Andersonlawnscape
08-29-2005, 07:27 PM
I have a customer that I mow for that has these patches of circles that are dead in their front yard. The center of patches is still green grass, I was just wondering if these are grubs or what could be causing this, It sorta looks like crop circles or somthing aliens did. :alien: By the way I am not a fert guy not planning on doing anything for this these people already have a company believe chemlawn could be wrong.

heritage
08-29-2005, 08:19 PM
I have a customer that I mow for that has these patches of circles that are dead in their front yard. The center of patches is still green grass, I was just wondering if these are grubs or what could be causing this, It sorta looks like crop circles or somthing aliens did. :alien: By the way I am not a fert guy not planning on doing anything for this these people already have a company believe chemlawn could be wrong.

Here in my part of jersey it would be Necrotic Ring Spot or Summer Patch. They are both diseases that affect the root systems, and I only see it on lawns that are not cared for properly from a cultural standpoint........
Someone from your area or the nearby area may post what they think......I would take a 6inch square of the problem to your counties cooperative extension for proper advice for the problem you have.
Pete D.

Puttinggreens
08-30-2005, 08:49 PM
We need more details.

What kind of turf, ryegrass, fescue, KBG, warm or cool season?

How wet is it?

What are the night time temps leading up to the problem?

Is it irrigated regularly?

How much N has it received lately?

How big is the patch, 12" or several feet?

Sometimes brownpatch will leave the center greener than the dead ring.

bushtrimmer
08-30-2005, 10:34 PM
need a lot more info, could even be fairy rings, maybe dead stumps under ground making soil too acidic.