PDA

View Full Version : Aeration quote questions

roushjh
09-01-2005, 10:48 AM
I just got a call for a guy in response to my aeration signs I have up around town. He's not sure if he needs aeration, or verticut, but has about 1 1/2 acres he's wanted done. My problem is I don't have a ZTR, just a Plugr 600. I discussed with him that I don't really have the right equipment, but he's going to check on verti-cuts, and keep me in mind.

My questions

1. Am I insane to even think about doing that size of job with a 30" Plugr?

2. Would $500 be a reasonable quote? Keep in mind, most small lots around here ony get about $10-12/k sq ft, I charge $11/k for the first 5 k

Thanks in advance

DUSTYCEDAR
09-01-2005, 10:52 AM
more like 1200

bobbygedd
09-01-2005, 06:46 PM
$1200, just to aerate 60,000 sq ft?

FINN
09-01-2005, 07:06 PM
$1200, just to aerate 60,000 sq ft?

I dont see a problem with that. I am seeing the "big guys" at that rate for 1 acre. Maybe drop it a point or 2 for volume but not much or not at all depending ....

bobbygedd
09-01-2005, 07:18 PM
so then, you are telling me, $800 per acre? this is about $20 per k. yes, of course i love it, but most guys on here would charge like $3 per k, and....that whopping $25 "stop fee". i've never aerated anything this size. in fact, the largest property i've ever mowed was about 1/4 acre

FINN
09-01-2005, 07:58 PM
i have a buddy who feeds me application work and I am pricing up a aeration for a customer he mows ( he does a lot of paver work and does not want to do as much seeding aerating etc) so I asked him what he thinks is fair he says he charges 3 times his normal mowing fee. that's $126 for 36/k that's $3.50/k.... no thanks......he admits it's worth more but it's not a big part of his business and never really sure of the market for these types of services

i talked with a guy the other day who does applications and a lot of seeding for new lawns as well as renovations etc. we talk from time to time and pricing came up etc. his program for aeration 1 pass $15/k for a quarter ac.....2 passes $20/k and $30/k for 2 pass with seed. Adjust up or down according to difficulty factor and volume .....this guy has customer's who have been with him for 20 years and he is not in a high rent district. he says he does a lot of work at this pricing schedule

i have heard of numbers higher than the above but these I can qualify.

DUSTYCEDAR
09-02-2005, 08:46 AM
finn is right the going rate is any where from min of 20 bucks per k for 2 passes and up 2 20 bucks more with seed why should i break my back for less
i do have customers that get a whole package and i will charge them less but the lawn is in great shape and little seed is needed to fill in so i can cut them a deal and i also know how long it takes me because i do it year after year
but if u want results it will cost u i do a very nice job and u dont have to go look to see if i was there.
there is no doubt your lawn was aerated and u can see the seed u dont need a magnafieing glass to find seed
some of the larger companies in my area do it for 10 bucks per k and do a shitty job i am 3 or 4 times as much as them but i get results and people talk