PDA

View Full Version : Balding tires

HB Lawn
09-02-2005, 10:01 PM
My trailer is a duel axle and my front tires on both sides are very bald compared to the back one.What is causing this to happen? :dizzy:

Brianslawn
09-02-2005, 10:25 PM
probably more weight on the front of trailer than back. also maybe try a drop ball hitch upside down so you raise front of trailer. also rotate trailer tires when you rotate truck tires

dlandscaping
09-02-2005, 11:36 PM
The front tires are more likely to be dragged when turning. This scraping action is more noticable than the front tires of your car, which is somewhat similar. Rotate them.

HB Lawn
09-03-2005, 04:30 PM
hey thanks for your thoughts on this matter. Now lets turn this around and say the back tires are going bald, what would be that cause? ;)

PLM-1
09-03-2005, 08:37 PM
hey thanks for your thoughts on this matter. Now lets turn this around and say the back tires are going bald, what would be that cause? ;)

Hitch is too high. I have two hitches...one for a light load, and one for a heavy load.

Restrorob
09-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Hitch is too high. I have two hitches...one for a light load, and one for a heavy load.

I have a single drop hitch with a ball on each side, Just flip for different load weights.