PDA

View Full Version : My work is not even close to most of you guys stuff

sheshovel
09-04-2005, 02:46 AM
But I'm gonna have some nerve and post this up anyway,the clients made the out- lines and picked the colors.Also I was not quite done adding a few xtra stones in the gaps when this was taken.I can say I did do it solo though and it's bigger than I have done ,like I said my expeirence is not even close to yours so please try not to compare.

olderthandirt
09-04-2005, 02:59 AM
Is that one of those new age california goats?

6'7 330
09-04-2005, 03:00 AM
Mac,

Are you older then that dirt lol

olderthandirt
09-04-2005, 03:02 AM
Mac,

Are you older then that dirt lol

Well it ain't green behind the trees so I would have to say no :p

Dirty Water
09-04-2005, 03:03 AM
I'm so confused.

Did you attach the wrong image?

sheshovel
09-04-2005, 03:05 AM
Afters,I have to admit,I am not very pleased with the outcome of my work on this job.

sheshovel
09-04-2005, 03:06 AM
OK be cool I had to resize

olderthandirt
09-04-2005, 03:06 AM
Nice patio and looks like nice work but WTF is the 1st pic of ? lol

sheshovel
09-04-2005, 03:08 AM
Thats the before pic with their Standard Poodle "Cloey"
in the area I put the patio

sheshovel
09-04-2005, 03:12 AM
The 1st and third pics are the same space,I installed the fence also...HELLO where are you guys?

olderthandirt
09-04-2005, 03:13 AM
Thats the before pic with their Standard Poodle "Cloey"
in the area I put the patio
Glad you cleared that up I thought you were building goat pens after that first pic. Are you sure thats not a goat? :laugh: :laugh:

6'7 330
09-04-2005, 03:13 AM
She,

The big Scotsman gives ya two thumbs up, good work!

sheshovel
09-04-2005, 03:18 AM
Thanks Big Man...No she's not a goat but that dog is faster than a racehorse and thinks the little fountain is there for her to drink out of and play in!

PLM-1
09-04-2005, 04:44 AM
The patio looks good except for the colors they're terrible...do people not have taste anymore!?

YardPro
09-04-2005, 08:09 AM
the workmanship looks fine. I don't like materials though. glad to hear they were not your choice.

northmichigan
09-04-2005, 08:44 AM
sheshovel
IMHO the spaces between the stones define the quality of the work.the roughness of the stones' surface also affect the overall useability of the patio. use the smallest size gravel to fill the joints.if the patio furniture works comfortably for the homeowner call the patio a success. i would say your patio looks fine.
mj

mbella
09-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Sheshovel, it's definitely an improvement over what was there. I actually like the color, just not in that setting. Mac, I thought that was some kind of crazy goat too.

sheshovel
09-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Thankyou guys for your liberal approval.I know the next one ,(I have 3 more lined up because they saw this one believe it or not)I am not going to let the clients pick out the materials.
The are not going to use patio furniture on it just two low Adirondack chairs and a very small table,we agreed before I started that it was only going to be a casual lounging patio for the two of them..This I made sure of .
It is solid as a rock though and they love it.
I just did not like the way the final look came out ..it must be the colors bothering me also then.

dmbmikee
09-11-2005, 11:29 AM
I think the "work" looks great! I think the "color".....is ewwwwww.... But that's your customers choice, gotta make them happy...lol

Compared to what was there before, HUGE IMPROVEMENT! Looks like a different house.

polecat63
09-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Looks good. I might have made the water feature a little more prominent, but I like it. Where did the turtle go?

QualityLawnCare4u
09-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Sheshovel, I dont see anything wrong with this work, it would suit me fine as a client, and Im very easy to please (most of the time).

sheshovel
09-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Looks good. I might have made the water feature a little more prominent, but I like it. Where did the turtle go?

It's hideing from the goat dog.That was a little extra thing I did with the recurculating fountain,It was a test to see how easy they were to build and make money off of.I used the left over stone for it,had the pump and tub at home as well as the turtle.

DLS1
09-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Patio looks good and color is an individual taste so whatever they like is what counts.

That other small multiple rock/stone area with the green turtle and what looks like marbles thrown in has me baffled. What is it for and why did they want it?

Lazer_Z
09-12-2005, 09:40 PM
sheshovel,As the others have said the "work" is first rate ya get 2 big thumbs up from me but, the colors are not to my liking either but again ya gotta please the customer. Please do post more pics when you do more jobs like this one. Gotta say I had no clue what I was looking at with the first pic I thought like Mac I thought the dog was a goat lol. Again good work sheshovel.

Rob

kris
09-12-2005, 09:54 PM
It looks like you worked hard at it ...looks ok.

sheshovel
09-13-2005, 01:02 AM
Patio looks good and color is an individual taste so whatever they like is what counts.

That other small multiple rock/stone area with the green turtle and what looks like marbles thrown in has me baffled. What is it for and why did they want it?

It is a recurculating fountain of the kind that has been all the rage here for awhile,you can make them out of just about anything.This cust wanted it to look like water out of a flowerpot.So that is what she got.They are mainly used for the sound of water and show of moving water where no maintenance is requested and budget is an issue.