PDA

View Full Version : Irregular flag walkway pics

mbella
09-04-2005, 09:02 AM
Here are some pics of an irregular flag walkway we finished this week. I said I would post them, so here they are. I took the pics before the guys cut the edge and hosed it down. BTW, we are not responsible for the softscape that you see. However, we are working on a new design for the customer.

neversatisfiedj
09-04-2005, 06:49 PM
I love it ! How do you get your joints so close ?

promower
09-05-2005, 06:17 PM
That looks really good

MarcusLndscp
09-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Way to be!!! Looks really nice MBella!!!!

mbella
09-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Marc, that is the first irregular flag install my foreman on that job ever did. He has done pleanty of pattern flag and pavers, but never irregular. I thought he did a pretty good job. You can always pick the jobs apart, but overall, I think he did a good job.

MarcusLndscp
09-05-2005, 07:10 PM
I think he did a nice job as well Mike, I still change my technique/style with everyone I do. I'd say you've got a good foreman on yoyur hands. I hope you enjoyed the weekend.
Mark

mbella
09-05-2005, 07:28 PM
I love it ! How do you get your joints so close ?

A hammer and a saw

mbella
09-05-2005, 07:29 PM
I think he did a nice job as well Mike, I still change my technique/style with everyone I do. I'd say you've got a good foreman on yoyur hands. I hope you enjoyed the weekend.
Mark

I have two very good hardscape foremen on my hands. They better be good, they both make more than I do.

I hope you had a great weekend as well.

Lawn-Scapes
09-06-2005, 12:22 AM
Looks great!

I took the pics before the guys cut the edge and hosed it down.
Would please take a couple of pictures with the edge cut. Thanks.

cgland
09-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Great job Mike! It looks better than you even described. Awesome! Well, theres another guy I have to steal from you!....J/K.............Not really!

Chris

motoraced
09-06-2005, 10:54 PM
4 corners! 4 corners! 4 corners! tell you foreman to stop doing that! sorry, my pet peeve

mbella
09-07-2005, 06:10 PM
4 corners! 4 corners! 4 corners! tell you foreman to stop doing that! sorry, my pet peeve

Motoraced, I think he did that one time over the entire walkway. Did you read the part where I stated it was his FIRST irregular flag job. That's over 360 sq.ft. of irregular flag. I was on the job with him less than one hour. Granted he has mucha experiencia with pavers and pattern flag, but irregular flag is another animal altogether.

I agree about avoiding the four corners, but that wasn't the first thing that stood out to me when I looked at the finished product. I was impressed with the job he did and I am as picky as anybody. Can you say your first job looked as good as his?

mbella
09-07-2005, 06:12 PM
Looks great!

Would please take a couple of pictures with the edge cut. Thanks.

No problem. We have more work to do out there. When I go back, I'll take a few more pics.

Markf
09-07-2005, 07:11 PM
mbella,
I like the non-uniformity very much. One of my clients would call that eclectic sheek (spelling?). I am very interested in seeing a close up (if possible) of the edges and how you are preventing what looks like stone dust from disappearing from the underneath the irregular edges.
Thank you.
Mark

mbella
09-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Mark,

The edge is cut. It's not irregular anymore. I will post finished pics as soon as we go back out to do the rest of our work there.

DBL
09-07-2005, 08:41 PM
the cut edge will look good but hell it looks great just the way it is and it will look a lot better it you redesign his gardens

dmbmikee
09-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Great thanks! Now I cant post my flagstone pics....lol Looks awesome Bro!

What did you use for base?