PDA

View Full Version : What manufacturers do support?

1BadHawk
09-04-2005, 04:36 PM
I have a ton of flyers, & brochures on pavers, and interlocking stones. Just wondering with your experience, if their are any specific manufactureres, and or styles/shapes that you prefer over others, and why?

mbella
09-04-2005, 09:15 PM
I wouldn't say we exclusively support any manufacurer, but EP Henry does a lot for our industry. The biggest thing they do is market, market, market our service. 9 out of 10 people that call us, refer to hardscape as,"the EP Henry stuff."

In our area, EP Henry is also at the front of the line when it comes to techincal support and tech specs regarding unique hardscape project specs.

In this area, EP Henry is IT.

neversatisfiedj
09-05-2005, 06:09 AM
I use alot of Hanover and Unilock products and nothing but versa-lok for walls.

Dreams To Designs
09-05-2005, 12:40 PM
I'd have to agree with Mbella on EP Henry supporting the industry. Most people in the southern New Jersey area refer to an "EP Henry patio" due to the intense marketing. Their commitment to education is also outstanding as well as the contractor service division. Now if only their quality was equal to their advertising.

I have the best luck with quality with Techo-Bloc. The product is outstanding and is priced less than the locally manufactured EP Henry product. Techo's quality control and assortment of product make it my number one choice for hardscaping products.

As for styles and shapes, that is usually governed by the client. Classic styles and patterns rarely look out of place today or in the future, where unusual colors or modern designs will be dated in the near future. Tumbled or chain whipped pavers give that antique look but can be dirty and more difficult as a surface to walk on or keep clean. The use of polymeric sands can keep the surface neater and cleaner.

Kirk

DVS Hardscaper
09-05-2005, 02:53 PM
EP Henry has great contractor support.

techo-bloc has great contractor support.

Techo does make a very nice product. The blends are fairly consistant. The pallets ain't full of broken pavers.

I used to be a diehard Belgard believer, but their quaity has spiraled downward in the last 2 years.