PDA

View Full Version : trailer side dump?

hawaii
09-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Hey I am thinking of adding a side dump to the front of my tailer. Did a search and could'nt find anything similar. Obviously this would have to be custom built, Just wondering if anybody has done something similar or has any advice. Trailer will be a 22' 14,00lbs bobcat trailer, I would like the box to be about 5' wide with high sides.

Thanks
Corey

South Florida Lawns
09-04-2005, 09:52 PM
And park the skid-steer in it. Don't you think having a dump box on front will add too much tongue weight? Unless you pull the trailer with a dump truck. I would not want too much weight up there.

Royalslover
09-05-2005, 01:15 AM
It probably would be too heavy if you were going to fill it with dirt. I have a 6' by 6' box on the front of my trailer that I load with grass(4' tall). It really weighs my 1 ton truck down when it's full. I do plan to make a way to off load it this winter. It really wouldn't be that difficult to build a dump box on your trailer if you decide that's what you want to do.

Scag48
09-06-2005, 09:41 PM
A front-mounted dump box wouldn't serve much purpose, you could put maybe 1/2 yard of dirt in there before your truck would be dragging the bumper on the ground. Get yourself a 14' 12K pound dump trailer with 36" sides, haul 4 yards at a time plus your skidsteer. Or if you plan on getting a new truck, go for an F450-550 or Chevy C4500-C5500 with a Deuce side or rear dump box.