PDA

View Full Version : Garden Wall??

dmbmikee
09-05-2005, 09:05 AM
Do you think this stuff is out-of-style? I'm getting tired of using it, but dont know an alternative edging.....I HATE THE BLACK PLASTIC LAWN MOWER-FEED!! Refuse to use!

I am doing a garden wall edge right now. It's about 65' long and follows the same pattern you see at the Jones's......that straight line that turns into a big circle at the side of the house, plant the tree in the center of the circle...you know...

anyhow, I'm just looking for an alternate edging and not black plastic nor fieldstone. Any ideas? Thanks guys!

dmbmikee
09-07-2005, 07:30 AM
No one in 2 days? Come on ya'll I know you guys use this crap....Here in Michigan, we dont seem to have many choices for edging....:( Split rock's a little too large for just simple edging.....Black plastic sucks....green metal sucks, fieldstone....nah, garden wall - tired of it.... What's left?

Dreams To Designs
09-07-2005, 10:48 AM
How about concrete manufactured edge or curb stones. Why do you need edging? Is this a raised bed that needs an edge to keep it in or could you use a spade and get a clean turf to bed edge?
http://www.ephenry.com/Design/Product.asp?Product_ID=69

Kirk

dmbmikee
09-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Hey Thanks for the info Kirk! That site/company has some really sweet products! I will look into it some more.

I'm using edging to retain an elevated bed, about 1' max.... I just wanted to steer clear of plastic and gardenwall, but want some sort of edging.....not just a carved bed.

Thanks again,
Mike

dmbmikee
09-07-2005, 09:34 PM
whoopsy double post.....lol :dizzy:

Dirty Water
09-07-2005, 09:51 PM
DMBMike, Look into useing Trex Decking material for edging. It won't rot like wood, and has a nice looking finish.

They make 18' 1x4's that would work great. Its not too flexible at first, but if you warm it up carefully with a blow torch you can bend it all around.

Green-Pro
09-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Heres a company I use for wall/stone products including edging. Not sure if you have one locally but they do have an awesome assortment of materials, I'm like a kid in a candy store when walking their yard. :)

Green-Pro
09-08-2005, 10:08 PM
Heres a company I use for wall/stone products including edging. Not sure if you have one locally but they do have an awesome assortment of materials, I'm like a kid in a candy store when walking their yard. :)

Ooops! Sorry here is the link

http://www.kingsmaterial.com/

dmbmikee
09-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Awesome info! Will give it a shot! Thanks guys!

dmbmikee
09-11-2005, 09:51 AM
DMBMike, Look into useing Trex Decking material for edging. It won't rot like wood, and has a nice looking finish.

They make 18' 1x4's that would work great. Its not too flexible at first, but if you warm it up carefully with a blow torch you can bend it all around.

Hey Jon, I checked that out some more. I really like their edging. Looks much classier than the black plastic crap. Just curious, how much for a 18'? They dont have prices listed on their website. You may not know.....I'll check with the dealers, may that be the case. Thanks Bro!