PDA

View Full Version : (letter from a client) Bermuda grass problem

ant
09-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Just received your notice regarding the aeration and seeding. As you know, we continue to have a huge Bermuda grass problem. We were hoping that aerating (is that the same as thatching?) and overseeding would help the overall look of the lawn. I know that as soon as it gets chilly, the Bermuda grass will brown and where the other neighborhood lawns will stay green through December, ours will look dead in a patchy, unattractive way. Maybe overseeding will compensate for this. What do you think? Is there any fix yet for the Bermuda grass ? Please advise and include estimates.

Thanks,

this lawn is 36,000 sf. if i round it up and power seed it it's going to kill me. :help: :help: :help:

FINN
09-07-2005, 06:17 PM
is it bermuda or nimblewill?

ant
09-07-2005, 06:57 PM
bermuda

thanks

ThreeWide
09-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Is this a situation where Bermuda has invaded another turf?

Better hit that Bermuda with some Fusilade before the weather cools. You will get some control as long as the Bermuda is still active. Once it starts going dormant there is little you can do until next year.

By the way, what type of turf has the Bermuda invaded? That wasn't clear from your post.

ant
09-08-2005, 03:57 AM
it was sod years ago..the bermuda took over +- 100% of the turf.

stumper1620
09-08-2005, 08:04 AM
it was sod years ago..the bermuda took over +- 100% of the turf.
If it has 90% of the turf, round up, aerate, fert & seed JMO :D

ThreeWide
09-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Even if you do a blanket roundup, it will not permanently kill the Bermuda.

You will need to use Fusilade next year to supress the Bermuda that comes back.

turfsolutions
09-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Yes, roundup will NOT kill bermuda. Even multiple applications of roundup. I have wondered what kind of results guys are having with fusilad. Those who have used it, let us know. Bermuda is my toughest "weed" followed by wild violet. But I hate Bermuda.