PDA

View Full Version : Slit Seeder Purchase - help us determine which one

ITL
09-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Trying to determine which walk behind slit seeder to purchase for mostly residential lawns of 7,000 to 15,000 square feet. Most are level to small grades. We have the list down to Turfco LS-20 at $2065 or the Lesco Renovator 20 for $2999. The Lesco has power drive which we like but are concerned with the 2 MPH top speed being to slow. Would the push Turfco be able to cover ground faster then the Lesco. Does the push Turfco rotating blades pull the machine foreward? Need advise to make sure we are not choosing the wrong machine.

Thanks for the help

olderthandirt
09-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Can only comment on the lesco 20 , Heck of a machine that I've been completly satified with the machine and results since 99. And I'm not sure about the 2 mph It seems faster than that but I'm looking for great results not speed and it seems to give me that at a reasanable speed

Runner
09-08-2005, 11:06 AM
The Lesco moves at a CONSISTENT speed and always delivers a perfect, even distribution. With any push type model, as you hit harder ground, the machine will want to speed up and before you know it, your seed is spread thin. Bare ground, or sparse ground = weeds. You can't lose with the Lesco. It is PROVEN in the field.

crzymow
09-08-2005, 06:44 PM
I have a question about the lesco seeder, the rates on the lid, is that for one pass or 2 passes?(crisscross).. thanks

Killswitch
09-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Im sure its for the complete job.

By the way....double it.

DUSTYCEDAR
09-08-2005, 07:52 PM
buy the lesco
its easy to get parts for when u hit a big rock ;)
the machine is going to go up hill as fast as it comes down no runaway
it will also pull itself into a pickup so no lifting :D

Runner
09-08-2005, 08:30 PM
The rates on the lid of the Lesco are PER PASS. You have to cut that in half when doing a criss-cross pattern.

6'7 330
09-08-2005, 08:37 PM
The lesco-20 is very maneuverable, gives good precise results, and lot less fatigue on our workers, then the big Ryan Matteways we also run.

ITL
09-08-2005, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Team

Thanks for helping me confirm the choice to the Lesco Slit Seeder. I was leaning toward the Lesco direction but thinking about not spending the extra for the power drive. Well my always helpful Lesco Manager will be happy to see me when I say 500 pounds of seed and wheel that slit seeder onto the trailer as well. I will be happy to saying goodby to the Bluebird rental process (getting it reserved, the extra 10 miles roundtrip to pickup and return machine, and trying to finish in time to avoid the extra hours charge. Maybe I will even get to my yard this year.

Thanks for the help

crzymow
09-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Thanks runner, i aksed my lesco guy, he said it was figured on the crisscross, seemed like a lot of seed at that rate

korelandscaping
09-08-2005, 11:45 PM
The lesco renovator is by far the best. Changing the blades on the other hand....sucks. I echo all the comments that where already given about the lesco slice seeder. I've had a handful of things go wrong with mine but over-all it's an awesome machine.