PDA

View Full Version : want to turn truck box a dump

gavinslawncare
09-08-2005, 07:29 PM
iam looking for a kit to make my f350 pickup bed a dump it would be easier to unload grass, leaves, mulch, ect help would be apprieated

Emerscape
09-08-2005, 08:22 PM
I just got the northerntool master guide.. they are a supplier of equipment to the service industry.. go to www.northerntool.com and searth under automotive. the kit is something like under $1000.00.

Gravel Rat
09-09-2005, 12:34 AM
You better off buying a slip in dump or get a dump box made to replace you P/U box as a regular truck box isn't designed to dump and never will be. Is this truck a dually or a single axle ?

A EZ dump is around 2000-2500 dollars its prolly the quickest way to make your truck dump. The only problem is the box eats up the payload on the truck so your limited on what you can carry. If your truck is a SRW you can build a 7x8 flatdeck if its a dually a 7'6' x 8'6" or a 9' long deck.

You will be looking at 1500-2000 for a deck another 1500-2000 for a hoist. The biggest problem you are going to have is your dealing with a P/U chassis which is wider than a cab and chassis so most standard decks won't fit.

To sum it up your just wasting your money trying to make a stock box dump if you really want a dump you should consider getting a 1 ton dually with a mason box.

Itsgottobegreen
09-09-2005, 01:21 AM
dump insert. An aluimum one would be worth the money. More capacity.

All Seasons Landscaping
09-11-2005, 05:19 PM
i agree with the frist guy. i've seen those kits in northern tool, and it's definitely a lot less expensive than a slide in or complete dump body. and, as was mentioned, thsoe slide-ins eat your payload. there's a 3/4 SD around here with one of thsoe that squats in the rear when it's empty. and, yes, he'd be better with a big truck with a big dump body, but can you justify the cost for just unloading "leaves, grass, mulch, etc."? there's a person who lives up the road from me who has one of these kits on a late 80's/early 90's F150, and it seems to work fine.

CrewCutEnterprises
09-12-2005, 02:32 AM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=116047&page=1&pp=10
Pics

dont knock it till you try it.. 5 / 6 yards of mulch, 2 of topsoil, 2 tons gravel, o and a 2 way gate makes gravel driveways a breeze. its great if you dont want a full dump truck, The Kits, you cant take off your truck, they need to be reinforce welded etc. I looked at those first, and when i have time im swaping my dump to my new f350 diesel. Its 4 bolts..
O and cost 2200 installed, and its a big conversation starter at the dump

Does eat payload if you go through DOT..

But what landscaper doesnt overload their trucks,

Itsgottobegreen
09-14-2005, 12:48 AM
[QUOTE=CrewCutEnterprises
But what landscaper doesnt overload their trucks,[/QUOTE]
You should have seen my F-350 dump today. I had fill dirt stacked up to the top of the cab shield. Did that 8 times to day. Digging out a play ground area. Lucky the trip was 1/2 mile away from the fill site to the dump site. My neighbor now has a huge set of ruds from the driveway to were I dumped the dirt in his back yard. But he was happy to get the free fill dirt.

CrewCutEnterprises
09-14-2005, 08:14 PM
We did a 3/4 inch driveway today. weighed out of the gravel yard at 10500 one time 12400 one time and 12600 the other, Its alot of weight we try to keep it near 11000. But the Ez-dumper dumps all i ask of it.

Every Landscaper overloads their trucks, its inevitable. I try to do it the least I can, A few weeks ago i saw a chevy with a brocken axel on the side of rt 32 on the way to the millers ville dump.. Whooops.

Gravel Rat
09-14-2005, 11:07 PM
If you have a regular 1 ton dually you really don't want to gross it more than 13,000lbs. You just have to make sure your tires are in good shape and are at the proper PSI no running around with that kind of weight with 50 psi in 10 ply rubber.