PDA

View Full Version : Florida Landscape question

lawn guy
09-09-2005, 01:26 AM
I have recenty Become interested in commercial work here in central florida. From what I understand most commercial properties require you to not only maintain the grasses but the plant beds as well. I Have looked at the requirment of the Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance Licencing and plan on getting licenced,But untill I do I was wondering when spraying plant beds is there a particular brand of selective herbicide that most use? Or is it a case by case decision. In other words do you just spay the same herbicide on every plant bed once a month to control the weeds? Also I am in Central Florida So It would be great to get pointed in the right direction from some Florida Landscapers. I hope this isnt a stupid question I really dont have a clue and I am just trying to get a grasp on what is required.

ProMo
09-09-2005, 08:39 AM
you shouldnt be spraying anything until you are licensed. There is an 8 hr course you must take before taking the test wich should answer your questions.

lawn guy
09-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Will the coarse teach me what I need to know to eiminate weeds in landscape beds? I am going to take the coarse I just want to get an idea of what im getting into.

nelbuts
09-09-2005, 08:23 PM
If they catch you spraying weeds in beds they can fine you up to $5,000 and take your equipment until you pay the fine.

Go to this site and he will give you all the info you need to know.
http://www.greenindconsulting.com/GIC/

He has the class and the test the same day and if you can not pass the test then you need to find a job where you place beads on strings.

Now if you ever get your "time" in under a certified operator and take the state pest control certification test. Then you will have taken the hardest test in the industry.