View Full Version : Florida Landscape question

lawn guy
09-09-2005, 01:26 AM
I have recenty Become interested in commercial work here in central florida. From what I understand most commercial properties require you to not only maintain the grasses but the plant beds as well. I Have looked at the requirment of the Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance Licencing and plan on getting licenced,But untill I do I was wondering when spraying plant beds is there a particular brand of selective herbicide that most use? Or is it a case by case decision. In other words do you just spay the same herbicide on every plant bed once a month to control the weeds? Also I am in Central Florida So It would be great to get pointed in the right direction from some Florida Landscapers. I hope this isnt a stupid question I really dont have a clue and I am just trying to get a grasp on what is required.

09-09-2005, 08:39 AM
you shouldnt be spraying anything until you are licensed. There is an 8 hr course you must take before taking the test wich should answer your questions.

lawn guy
09-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Will the coarse teach me what I need to know to eiminate weeds in landscape beds? I am going to take the coarse I just want to get an idea of what im getting into.

09-09-2005, 08:23 PM
If they catch you spraying weeds in beds they can fine you up to $5,000 and take your equipment until you pay the fine.

Go to this site and he will give you all the info you need to know.

He has the class and the test the same day and if you can not pass the test then you need to find a job where you place beads on strings.

Now if you ever get your "time" in under a certified operator and take the state pest control certification test. Then you will have taken the hardest test in the industry.