PDA

View Full Version : Must I Kill All The Crabgrass First ????

Lost Pine
09-09-2005, 01:32 PM
I have about 20,000 sqft of Rebell which is 10 years old and never been overseeded. I am this month overseeding with Black Beauty, a reccommendation of Kirk's from Designs to Dreams. My question is out of the 20,000 sqft maybe 3 - 4,000 sqft is crabgrass. I have been killing some of it with Drive 75 which works great.

As this crabgrass will die in first frost, must I or should I go to the expense of killing it all with Drive 75 which will probably make my lawn look like crap ??

LOST PINE

kcchiefs58
09-09-2005, 06:33 PM
If it all hasn't gone to seed yet is it worth killing it out now and saving the headache of millions of seeds that can germinate in the next ten years or so? If it has all gone to seed now is it worth the expense to kill a plant that will die out in the first hard frost and in your area i haven't any idea when that would be?

Lost Pine
09-09-2005, 09:14 PM
If it all hasn't gone to seed yet is it worth killing it out now and saving the headache of millions of seeds that can germinate in the next ten years or so? If it has all gone to seed now is it worth the expense to kill a plant that will die out in the first hard frost and in your area i haven't any idea when that would be?

Sometime in October .....................

kcchiefs58
09-10-2005, 11:33 PM
kill it, preemergent in the spring time and mow high