PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP ON PLANNING PLEASE

ron
03-15-2001, 09:53 AM
Hello well got another lawn customer who wants me to do some landscaping for his residence...
So I went and took some measurements of his residence using a measuring wheel..well here we go.
Client wants to have most of his front grass removed because he wants to put in three half circle designs in front of his home , he also wants me to use burgandy stones instead of mulch and for the edging he wants to use brick,
also wants some flowers colorful ones well this will be my second bid doing this landscaping stuff,I only have been doing lawn care only for the past year half soo I could use some input.I am using my Landscaping Estimate that I purchased from NEBS it has a grid square diagram on the back and all the products to use and cost on front.

well the measurements are as follows two small half circles for the left and right side of the entrance of side walk is 20 ft ea I measured the outer circle with the wheel. the other three half circles are 60 ft. each last total of 180 ft. total, client also wants me to put an island around his front tree measurements were 80 ft,client also wants me to remove all the grass for this project and to put down the black tarp to keep out all the weeds and to have a few Pernnials Annuals, Jupier Fern and the spider flower(I guess thats what you call it) here are my totals for this project top soil 300lbs, black tarp 200 lf stone 3 cy brick edging 200 pieces ,soil prep 3 hrs x$45.00 per hr,planting 7 hrs x $45.00 per hr, edging 4 hrs $45.00 per hr, debree removal 3 hrs 45.00 per hr, total labor 630.00,total plants $1,000, total materials $180.00, hard materials $650.00 delivery 40.00 total price for project $2,505.00 Is this too much can I break this down better if I had a scanner I could show you the drawing...any info on this would be great thanks for all your time...

kutnkru
03-15-2001, 11:07 AM
I have a couple questions:

1) In the areas you gave the total sq ft for each planter bed but did not specify if it it mounded or are they just flush??

2) If they are mounded high high would they be 8", a foot, more than 12"??

3) Is the stone material comparable to a red tripple?? small dime sized pieces of stone that looks similar to shale

4) What style brick are you referring to??

I just want to make sure that we have apples to apples here. :)
Kris

As a side note I would nix the weed barrier fabric and suggest using cardboard instead. It will last longer tahn the weed barriers and is healthier for the bed.

ron
03-15-2001, 11:44 AM
hello kutnkru,hey good idea on the cardboard,well the ground it's flush,the type of cobble stone would be the same size of the white stone used for covering,as for the edge,I have no clue my client wants stone you just lay down to make a good edge they run about 1.00 per piece brown in color.

kutnkru
03-15-2001, 09:56 PM
Ron $3400 would be my proposed bid.

Good Luck this season!
Kris