PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Pramitol 5PS Granules

drugrep
09-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Hi everyone, a quick story and then a question.

I have a vacant lot that I intend to build a house on. My original intention was to spray the entire lot with a generic equivalent to 41% Roundup. I did spray about 25% of the lot and everything is dead. I wanted to do it all and then plant grass seed until I was ready to build. The lot is total weeds.

One of my neigbors doesn't want me to spray anymore. Said the doctor found herbicide in her system. I kept several feet in from the property line and her lawn is unaffected by the spots I sprayed, but that's okay, I won't spray anymore.

I'm going to buy some Pramitol 5PS Granules and kill everything. I know nothing won't regrow for at least 1 year and that's fine, I won't have to keep it mowed.

1st Question. How far can this stuff leach over. I'm going to use a drop spreader, but I want to get as close to the property line as I can without it leaching over to her yeard.

2nd Question. This stuff is supposed to prevent any re-growth for at least 1 year. I suspect in 2 years the house will be built and it will be time for a lawn. Think I'll be able to get it to grow 2 years after.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Just a quick edit. Lot is 80' X 120' and city water, not well.

JoeinJasper
09-11-2005, 01:02 PM
I wouldn't recomend it because pramitol will kill anything with roots in the application zone... including trees and shrubs. Also, there will be nothing growing in this 'zone of death' for over a year and this will create new problems with erosion controll. Over all, I can see more problems than solutions if you try this.

drugrep
09-11-2005, 08:28 PM
I appreciate the reply,

No trees or shrubs to worry about, this is a vacant lot.

I just want to stay over enough from the property line not to affect her yard.

As far as erosion, hey, less dirt the basement diggers have to haul out, I could care less.

I want everything dead, dead, dead!!!!!!

NEW QUESTION:

Is there a granule that will kill grass & weeds, but allow regrowth quickly? I want it to kill grass too.

Runner
09-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Stay ATLEAST 3 ft. away from this neighbor's lawn - that is no exageration. I've seen it leach almost 2 ft. before with the rights rains, grades and conditions. If there is a "thin line" with this neighbor already, I would be very careful/ Personally, I wouldn't use Pramitol. I would just go with a Surflan type product (Oryzalin). It is much safer, and you can control the timeline on it.

Mowingman
09-12-2005, 02:56 PM
I have seen that stuff leach 30 or 40 feet from where it was applied. Actually leach might be the wrong word. What happened, was that we got a big rain about 5 or 6 days after it was applied, and it washed downhill. I have been told that it can wash out of the soil for months after it is applied if the conditions are right.
I would not use it if there were neighboring lawns or landscape plants within a couple of hundred feet.