PDA

View Full Version : Glyphosate Risidual and new seed

battags
09-11-2005, 06:21 AM
What's the minimum amount of time you guys would wait to plant new seed after hitting the existing lawn/weeds with Round Up?

Brian

SodKing
09-11-2005, 06:26 AM
Whatever time the label said to wait....

battags
09-11-2005, 06:30 AM
Whatever time the label said to wait....

Different product labels say different things. Glyphosate is Glyphosate, albeit at different concentrations from product to product. For example, Lesco Prosecutor says that there is not a residual. Others say that there is.

Is there a residual with Glyphosate, or not?

Thanks,
Brian

SodKing
09-11-2005, 06:50 AM
Generally the residual breaks down quickly. Many people say that gly breaks down quickly but if you think about it it is not an instant breakdown. It is broken down by microbial activity and that is not instant.

However, whatever product you use you have to follow the label on the reentry time. For Lesco Prosecutor they suggest waiting 7 days before tilling of slice seeding to allow the material to translocate to the roots.

Grassmechanic
09-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Even though the label states to wait, you can seed right after spraying glyphosate. The waiting period is to allow the chemical to completely translocate throughout the weeds/grass that you are spraying. Glyphosate does not harm the seed.

GreenUtah
09-12-2005, 11:33 AM
agreed. Seeding the next day is very common.

SWD
09-12-2005, 05:51 PM
You can spray and then seed on the existing wet terrain if you want to.
Glyosphate is essentially a salt and it requires an actively growing plant to absorb and translocate the chemical.
And Yes, I have done this many times.

battags
09-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Very good info from all. Thanks!

I have not visited LS in a while because I got tired of some of the rude replies to posts. Good info from those of you who have posted reminds me that LS is still a great place to come for info!

Thanks again!

Brian