PDA

View Full Version : Books on Spraying, Overseeding, etc.

Fubba
09-11-2005, 04:30 PM
I've been cutting grass for the past 3 to 4 years. It's really started booming the past 2 years. On October 27th, I can get my Commercial Pesticide License at a local Farmer's Market. However, I don't know much about the subject or anything else about spraying, fertilizing, overseeding, etc. I would like some resources so that I can read up on this and be able to do more for my customers. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Fubba
09-12-2005, 08:20 PM
ttt

Anyone??

DLS1
09-12-2005, 08:28 PM
I've been cutting grass for the past 3 to 4 years. It's really started booming the past 2 years. On October 27th, I can get my Commercial Pesticide License at a local Farmer's Market. However, I don't know much about the subject or anything else about spraying, fertilizing, overseeding, etc. I would like some resources so that I can read up on this and be able to do more for my customers. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

You buy the books for the test from the state organization that administers the test. I would have thought you would have already asked about books to study for the test from who ever told you about the Oct. 27 testing at the farmers market.

Fubba
09-12-2005, 11:49 PM
The book or books that I would like to get are going to be for personal study, not for the test on October 27. I do need to find out what materials I do need to read for that though. I found out about it via the post at the top of this forum.

GreenUtah
09-13-2005, 06:31 PM
most state's study guides are actually fair primers on the technical aspects of spraying itself, from identification to measurements and calibrating equipment. I also have not seen a state guide that does not hammer home the need to read labels, which are an amazing source of informtaion that apparantly(by viewing many of the posts in this forum and talking to people live elsewhere) no one seems to bother reading. If you're up for some light reading on the science behind what we do, may I suggest Turfgrass Ecology and Management by Karl Danneberger, PHD as a nice little starter.

Propstruk
09-14-2005, 09:25 PM
I am a newbie here. As you can see this is my first post.

Have you looked at the UGA College of Ag Sciences Website. Lots of useful publications there. http://www.caes.uga.edu/publications/subject_list.html