PDA

View Full Version : Perma green

Currinson
09-11-2005, 07:48 PM
What have you guys been spraying with the magnum, I ran quick silver and bentgrass select for weed control, worked great, lately I have been spraying aclaim on crabgrass, works unbelievable, what else have you guys been applying?

Get ready for fall :)

Turf Troll
09-11-2005, 08:10 PM
iron, seaweed extract, surge, powerzone & last week I tried primo maxx on two lawns and waiting for results

ant
09-11-2005, 09:31 PM
i used tal star and it worked out well,but the last time around the strainer screen in the tank was clogging.
ant

Turf Troll:how did that iron work out?what was your speed and what nozzels?

NattyLawn
09-11-2005, 09:47 PM
I ran confront with 3 way for weed control and had no problems...

Ant, in the updated parts PG sent out, there was a larger screen to avoid some of the clogs...

ant
09-11-2005, 10:09 PM
I ran confront with 3 way for weed control and had no problems...

Ant, in the updated parts PG sent out, there was a larger screen to avoid some of the clogs...
i did not get the up dates..
i got my mechine back in june.

westwind
09-12-2005, 07:46 AM
lesco momentum with sticker, good control. drive for crabgrass, also worked very well.

Turf Troll
09-12-2005, 03:19 PM
i used tal star and it worked out well,but the last time around the strainer screen in the tank was clogging.
ant

Turf Troll:how did that iron work out?what was your speed and what nozzels?
It was Krystal kleer 4%. I just followed label directions then the mix was about 3.2 permagreen ratio to label. Drive speeds/rpm are diffrent for me at 250lbs I don't get the rpm's up. I don't concern to much with burn , I try to do cool weather apps 80 to 85 morning or evening. But it works great in conjuction with Mesa. My lawns have never been so green without flush growth .

LwnmwrMan22
09-12-2005, 03:34 PM
iron, seaweed extract, surge, powerzone & last week I tried primo maxx on two lawns and waiting for results

I ran Primo through my Ultra last year, at the rate of 2 oz / 1000. I was using it along fence lines at a school that I mow at. I was targeting not having to trim for 6-8 weeks.

Honestly, it worked better through the Ultra last year than it did through my pull behind sprayer this year, however this year the school has much much more crabgrass than last year.

The Primo was sprayed before the crabgrass emerged this year, so my target of not having to trim as much didn't really pay off. Oh well, so much for that $500. :realmad: Last year I was able to get away not trimming about 80% of where I applied for 6 weeks, even though it was much wetter last year than this.

scweedman
09-13-2005, 07:14 AM
How did the iron work?

Turf Troll
09-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Good was good for green up

ant
09-13-2005, 10:37 PM
Turf Troll
e mail me at
anthony@cgmlawns.com

Currinson
09-14-2005, 09:36 AM
let me know on the primo results, how much primo per gallon did you use? I have thought of spraying iron for a nice green up, maybe I will give it a shot, any advise will be appreciated. I have a magnum and the third hole adjustment seems to be loose, causing the whole spreader platter to shift, causing the calibration to go off.

Erick

scweedman
09-14-2005, 01:28 PM
What was your mix rate? I was thinking their wouldn't be
enough water to make it work.