PDA

View Full Version : dose anyone know

Mowerboy04
09-11-2005, 08:52 PM
is there a way to figure out hom many x-mas lights u can put on a circuit. i put up lights for a lady last year that i kept overloading the circuit. and when u do over load a circuit is there a way to put in a temperary circuit.
if anyone know help would be appericated.
thanks
alex
ps. don't mind the spelling

J Hisch
10-14-2005, 12:47 AM
3-5 maybe 25ft retail strands is about all. With commercail contractor grade you can get 6-10 strands of the minis, and about 100' with the C7-C9 lights.

DUSTYCEDAR
10-25-2005, 03:08 PM
u need a meter to test the amps of the lights u r using a generel circuit
most outlest in a house r 15 amp so can put about 13 amps on it befor a problem
however depending how the house was wired that outlet may only take 1 string to overload it due to several outlets on the same 15 amp breaker
i set up comercial xmass lights for 4 years we even set up temp poles and overhead wires i learned a lot about lighting those years and that is why i stopped doing light installs for home customers and prey u dont have a fire or u may be going broke fast

Joemowz
11-29-2005, 04:58 PM
DOSE, or DOES?

olderthandirt
11-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Ohms law will tell you the number of amps that you will have in the lights, the trick is to figure out everything else on the circuit at any point in the day or nite. You can run a dedicated circuit for just the lights if the house has enough available amperage to allow it