PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think this is?(pictures)

ant
09-11-2005, 10:17 PM
my salesman says it's pythium..
ant

ant
09-11-2005, 10:23 PM
they were taken with my picture phone. not the greatest..
ant

NattyLawn
09-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Sure looks like pythium. Did you see any cotton like fungal growth? It looks like they're irrigating if they're in Jersey and the lawns look that green right now. Check out what time they're watering, as it looks to be at night, enocauraging the disease.

Just my .02

ant
09-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Sure looks like pythium. Did you see any cotton like fungal growth? It looks like they're irrigating if they're in Jersey and the lawns look that green right now. Check out what time they're watering, as it looks to be at night, enocauraging the disease.

Just my .02
thanks...
this lawn has 16 zones..at 30-40 min. per zone they have to start at 11pm..
ant

teeca
09-11-2005, 11:16 PM
have you ruled out insect damage? looks like a bad case of sod web worm from the pictures.. if it was a disease, like you think, i would expect to maybe see some spreading from equipment (tire tracks or something similar). just a thought.

Runner
09-11-2005, 11:21 PM
There is no way of knowing without seeing an upclose view of specimens of the grass blades and plant. The pattern looks similar to Pythium, but then again, it could be Summer patch, and/or Anthracnose. The other pics around the tree look like something different. That almost looks like it could be Brown Patch. Like I say, the proof is in the puddin'. I'd have to see the plant. There is NO damage to the stem area of the plants around the tree, correct?

Runner
09-11-2005, 11:22 PM
Redone from froze up computer.