PDA

View Full Version : Lawnsite MVP...

KirbysLawn
03-15-2001, 12:59 PM
I was just thinking, who would you vote for as the Lawn Site Most Valauable Poster? Who do you think gives the most valuable information; gives the most information for their postings? Not who has the most post, who has made the most out of the post they have made! I have a few in mind and here they are:

1) Eric - EricELM: Well, Eric seems to know about everything and always gives great advise. His assistance seems to never end and most every post he gives helps someone.

2) Jim - GroundKprs: always, and I mean always has the best information to give and rarely ever ask questions. Always giving.

3) Lazer - Sure do miss him posting here, he's very knowledgeable and straight forward. Always look forward to see what he had to say.

Eric ELM
03-15-2001, 01:29 PM
4) Ray - Kirby's Lawn Always has good posts and good examples.

5) Kris - Kutnkru Always has good posts and lots of them. :)

6) Lawrence Stone - Knows the applications part from one end to the other.

I feel everyones posts are important and we all learn from each other.

Greenkeepers
03-15-2001, 01:35 PM
Everyone that you mentioned!! Plus all the members on the Forum.

So if I add 2 and take away 3....

That gives me EVERYONE. This place wouldn't be the lawn mecca if we weren't all here.....

kutnkru
03-15-2001, 03:07 PM
Why is it that when ever a posting question comes up its always clarified that they are not talking about me?? -LOL:(

I cannot wait for the weather to break so that others can post more than me. :)

7)I like the sarcasim of Stone, the alternate views of GrassMaster, and the knowledge Jim offers at the Commercial Forum.

8)I like the advice of Paul, quandry of Stonehenge, and the dont forget abouts of Steve Air at the Landscaping Forum.

9) I like John Allin and Chuck at the Plow Forum.

10) Moderators have spoken for themselves.

And yes I think that everyone has something to contribute as well.

Kris

dmk395
03-15-2001, 03:12 PM
Thats a tough pick, but I would vote for Lawrence Stone. His posts are knowledgeable, and witty. Chuch, Eric and John Allin also have fountains of knowledge.

joshua
03-15-2001, 03:55 PM
all of the guys listed have my vote.

double e
03-15-2001, 03:58 PM
I think I'm going to award Kutnkru with the "Rookie of the Year" (even though it hasn't been a year, he made up for it last month)

JJ Lawn
03-15-2001, 04:36 PM
Ya'll need to wipe your noses.. Some of ya got a little too close :)

Jim

KirbysLawn
03-15-2001, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by double e
I think I'm going to award Kutnkru with the "Rookie of the Year" (even though it hasn't been a year, he made up for it last month)

No doubt! ;)

RYAN
03-15-2001, 10:53 PM
Scag48 gets my vote. Even though I haven't seen him in here in some time. He is the Vanilla Ice of lawn care knowledge.

Word to yo mutha

Acute Cut
03-16-2001, 06:08 AM
My MVP is all of those people that are teenagers that are dreaming big! Yes the moderators are great, i PM them all the time and thank them each for thier selfless contributions here on this forum. But, it is the catipillar that dreams of being a butterfly that i look to most. They can give fresh enthusiasm to the thoughts on my job. Keep up the great work guys!

P.S. I cant believe that i didnt get voted in. I just crested the 300 post mark. Dont i get a smiley face or anything? haha

Acute Cut

jeffyr
03-16-2001, 06:24 AM
I nominate Acute.

Acute Cut
03-16-2001, 06:45 AM
(sniffle, sniffle, sob) I would like to thank all of the little people that made this possible. (sniffle, sob, tear)

Jeffyr......(sniffle, sob) thank you all so much. I fee the love! lol

ProScapeOM
03-16-2001, 06:52 AM
you guys have OD'd on the JAVA! LOL

Green Finger
03-16-2001, 07:21 AM
The Awards Go to As Follows:

Rookie of the Year: Kris

Best Moderator:Eric

Best Advice:Jim Lewis

The Best Person Who will tell it to you like is:Lawrence Stone

Best Debate Partner:Charles

and the MVP.......

HOMER

Thanks to everyone else. Keep pumping out the good post.

lakegastonla
03-16-2001, 08:54 AM
My vote goes the guy, who, a few months back was dogging wide area walk behinds and telling us all that a lawnboy was by far the best cut and just as productive. :D

Maybe not an actual MVP, but definately entertaining. I remember everybody was taking turns climbing up on the turnbuckle and jumping off to put the whammy on him. Normally, people do not attack others like that on this site, but the guy asked(no, make that begged) for it.

Who was that guy, anyway?

awm
03-16-2001, 09:03 AM
Of course Eric,puts the most in.But if you are talkin
regulars.Ive never read a post from Sammy or Geogun,
that didnt sound about right to me.

KirbysLawn
03-16-2001, 11:34 AM
Gaston, that would be thelawnranger. Do a search in the Home Owners Forum.

little green guy
03-17-2001, 12:02 AM
I vote Kirby and Eric,

lawnman_scott
03-17-2001, 01:20 AM
Im from Florida, want me to count the votes? erics the winner, no stone, no eric............

kutnkru
03-17-2001, 01:23 AM
R-O-F-L-M-A-O!

Kris

Russ
02-20-2003, 09:12 AM
Eric Elm of course. Followed by and not necessarily in that order, John Allin, Grounds Kprs, Ric, Tremor, Lawn Student, Homer, LawnGodFather, & Stonehenge. There is a world of experience and indepht information in their post. Who did I leave out?

lawncare3
02-20-2003, 12:25 PM
Eric Elm, LAWNGODFATHER, and everyone else who has helped.

John Allin
02-20-2003, 01:00 PM
It's truly unfortunate that Eric is no longer with us.

Rhett
02-20-2003, 01:18 PM
All of the above, don't forget Hoss

J&R
02-20-2003, 01:25 PM
I would say now it would be Sean Adams. What he says is the Rules.

precisionlawn
02-20-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by John Allin
It's truly unfortunate that Eric is no longer with us.

Just curious, if he is no longer with us, how did he make a post on this subject?
Although I would not say he is the MVP, but for his age he does know alot about the business. I would have to say something about BushogBoy, What is he 16? When I was 16, well I wont even go there. Keep it up Bushhogboy!

Just Turned Pro
02-20-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by precisionlawn
Just curious, if he is no longer with us, how did he make a post on this subject?

Look at the date of the original thread...

It throws me off some time when Im reading through a thread and see something from Eric too, then I look at the dates.

precisionlawn
02-20-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Just Turned Pro
Look at the date of the original thread...

It throws me off some time when Im reading through a thread and see something from Eric too, then I look at the dates.

Well don't I feel dumb!:dizzy:

Gravely_Man
02-20-2003, 02:39 PM
There is always a great amount of good contributors on this site both past and present. Everyone helps to make this a useful site.

Gravely_Man

Boycea
02-20-2003, 02:54 PM
Everyone listed above gets my vote, but don't forget Green Pastures and Jim Lewis. They always seem their to help.

Lawn Dog2001
02-20-2003, 03:02 PM
I would have to give my MVP vote to Groundskprs. His posts are so educational, I probably owe him tuition for reading them.:D

1MajorTom
02-20-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Lawn Dog2001
I would have to give my MVP vote to Groundskprs. His posts are so educational, I probably owe him tuition for reading them.:D

Who's Groundskpr?:confused:

All kidding aside, I'd have to agree.
Also when I had some questions about my computer, I e-mailed him and and asked him if he could do me a favor and explain to me in basic terms what I needed to know. He probably wonders why out of all the members, how come I picked him. LOL
Anyway, not only did he send me a bunch of e-mails, he took the time to call me a few times on the phone and walk me right through it. He's a very nice guy.

Disclaimer: I'm not telling every member here to e-mail him with computer questions. LOL He might not apprecaite that.

KirbysLawn
02-20-2003, 04:32 PM
A blast from the past. My first post still stands, just wish Lazer was posting again, since he's not I would have to add Tremor to the list.

rodfather
02-20-2003, 04:50 PM
Lawnlad always had very informative contributions I thought overall on the green industry.

jiimlewis knows his stuff on the financial end and bruces on accounting and taxes.

LGF, 65hoss and kutnkru on day-to-day operations.

Don't have a MVP though...

SLS
02-20-2003, 05:13 PM
EricELM

His shared knowledge is just as pertinent today (and tomorrow) as it was yesterday.

GroundKprs
02-20-2003, 05:15 PM
:blush:

disclaimer: gotta be nice to the ladies. If I wasn't, Dad would kick my tail. :D

SLS
02-20-2003, 05:23 PM
Also another MVP would have to be the much overlooked, long suffering, technical administrator of this site... plsoucy!

When one considers what his job must be like sometimes...:eek:

If not for his technical expertise this forum would not operate at the high level that we sometime take for granted.

he may not post alot...but neither would we if not for his dilligent efforts in keeping this forum up and running smoothly.

Thanks for all of your efforts to make this forum THE LEADER in it's field, plsoucy! :)

Barker's Lawn Care
02-20-2003, 05:54 PM
Eric(65hoss) gets my vote. Very nice to talk to and very positive!

bruces
02-20-2003, 06:27 PM
Too many helpful people to pick one. I'd have to go with an All Star Team.

Lawngodfather, Groundskeepers, 65Hoss, Jim Lewis, Ric, numerous others, including adminstratiors and of course, Sean Adams.

Sean Adams
02-20-2003, 06:29 PM
Too many to list...but don't forget the moderators. They do a job most would never want, but they do it with a smile and work hard to keep this site in working order.

hoagie
02-20-2003, 06:35 PM
One more vote for Tremor....

I have learned ALOT from him in the applications forum.

Mykster
02-20-2003, 07:09 PM
I agree with eveyone's so far. Hopefully none of their heads will get too big.http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-043.gif J/K!!LOL

Just to name a few others: Lanelle, Paul, Stonehenge, PAPS, Doug Austreim. I'm sure their are others, but my mind is blank.

FrankenScagMachines
02-20-2003, 09:06 PM
Thanks precisionlawn, I'm 15. Will be 16 in May though. Literally everything I learned about the biz was from here and then going out and applying it and fine tuning it to my application.

I couldn't narrow it down to any one person for MVP, but an all star team is a cool idea. Pretty much everyone has been mentioned, there's a couple more I've got in my mind. Probably the MPO (Most Picked On) reward of the year goes to EnvyLawnService, without a doubt :D or is that the MMFO (Most Made Fun Of) award? Hmm... Well all the same. He has been trying hard not to mess up and has taken alot of grief for it. Flex-Deck has done good to remind us that it's not the customer's fault we aren't as productive as we could be :D and that we should always look for the better/faster way to do things. John Gamba, although he doesn't post alot always gives a factual but short post. Says it like it is. I'd probably get the award for most opinionated or most vocal. Anyone who criticizes or puts me down is being helpful because that just eggs me on to go do what you said I couldn't. And the encouraging type are good especially for the shy newbies who don't know anything and don't even know what to ask about. Seems like there isn't enough humor around, I mean we start to fight over how much money we're making compared to someone several states away? Come on.. grow up.
Oh cant forget Geo or Bob either. Didn't see them mentioned. I know there are more... now I will look biased because I forgot them :cry: :cry: :cry: :blush: Well you know who you are.
Oh yea I know who I forgot, the moderators ;) hehe j/k you're never forgotten. I don't want to think of what it would be like w/o them.

LAWNS AND MOWER
02-20-2003, 09:39 PM
I feel as if any member on this site who absorbs the valuable information supplied here and is able to apply it to there daily operations in order to raise the standards of the lawn care industry is a MVP in my book.

ULTIMATE LAWN
02-20-2003, 09:47 PM
Perhaps since this lawrence stone was mentioned so frequently he should be enticed to return. Currently he is holding court on another lawn forum (which I will not mention due to LS rules). If LS is to succeed we must re-recruit the former members that made this site great.

greenman
02-20-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by ULTIMATE LAWN
Perhaps since this lawrence stone was mentioned so frequently he should be enticed to return. Currently he is holding court on another lawn forum (which I will not mention due to LS rules). If LS is to succeed we must re-recruit the former members that made this site great.

Sounds like you and him are buddies!:laugh:

Art Stubbs handy 58
02-20-2003, 10:43 PM
:D The Lawn Choupique..........Where are you???? we miss all your wisdom..........;)

lawncare3
02-20-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Art Stubbs handy 58
:D The Lawn Choupique..........Where are you???? we miss all your wisdom..........;)

He WAS mean to me.

LAWNGODFATHER
02-21-2003, 12:34 AM
I vote for the 3,842 members with "0" posts and the 1,066 members with "1" posts.

Accurate as of the time I made my post.

Since you all joined, why not contribute?

Toroguy
02-21-2003, 01:20 AM
Eric Elm

Lawrence Stone

awm is a quiet cool dude also.

Other members of lawnsite

Envy Lawn Service
02-21-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by BushHogBoy
Probably the MPO (Most Picked On) reward of the year goes to EnvyLawnService, without a doubt :D or is that the MMFO (Most Made Fun Of) award?

Probably so :cry: :cry: :cry:
And you sir certainly get the award for most inventive hands down, no joking!

As for MVP I couldn't choose. So I have to say Eric Elm for his legacy of knowledge left behind. Then LawnGodFather because he has been the most outgoing by far offering info.

Lawns and Mower always has simple, short, useful, to the point info to share,

There are also some more I'd like to mention that I haven't seen mentioned so far Blue Steel, TJLC, Fvstringpicker, Bob, Gravely Man, Bubble Boy, Bunton Guy, Toro Guy & Rodfather.

I know I've left some out....

Anyways, I think we all contribute something to this site with each post, right, wrong, whatever....

mag360
02-22-2003, 01:46 AM
Bob, LGF, kutnkru, Eric Elm

FrankenScagMachines
02-22-2003, 08:44 AM
"awm" needs on here too.

GraZZmaZter
02-22-2003, 10:46 AM
John (allen)

Jim (lewis)

Mike (lawngodfather)

These people have the most knowlege to offer about the industry

that are members here. Keep up the good work.